Do you want to make a difference in one of the fastest-growing counties in the United States? Can you work as part of a team, with inspiration, vision and creativity? Are you passionate about the role of technology in supporting the mission of local government? Loudoun County's Department of Information Technology is currently seeking a full-time Deputy Director.
The Department of Information Technology (DIT) provides a wide variety of services to County Departments to aid in the effective delivery of IT services that support the business needs of the county. DIT is a vital part of the organization, providing faster and better ways for our employees to do their jobs and for our residents to access our services. We strive to keep our technology current and to work with members and management of all departments to provide the computing capabilities that are needed. As a member of the Department's Leadership Team, this position contributes to the growth, direction, and purpose of the overall department through strong management and exemplary leadership skills.
Under the general direction of the DIT Director, the Deputy Director will provide administrative oversight and direction of staff and services for operations. The talented individual will lead the Infrastructure, Customer Services, Enterprise Systems, and IT Security programming divisions providing resilient, innovative, and secure solutions for the County. The Deputy Director has responsibility for planning, directing, and managing the activities of management and technical personnel and for ensuring consistency of goals, policies, technical and administrative procedures, and management direction. The successful candidate will act as a liaison with top County management and information technology staff to assess, plan and deliver innovative business applications and solutions to a full range of customers (public safety, community development, health, etc.).
Additional duties of the Deputy Director position include:
- Assists in the development, preparation, and updating of the strategic plan
- Formulates and implements policies, programs, and procedures
- Applies creative and strategic approaches to problem-solving, and an ability to lead a team through complex issues
- Leads complex development reviews and comprehensive planning assignments and projects
- Oversees broadband initiatives and franchise relationship
- Represents Department at internal and external meetings and conferences
- Serves as the liaison for the Communications Commission plans and oversees the Communication Commission Meetings
- Translates the vision of leadership into actions for assigned functional areas, and exemplifies and encourages leadership development among staff interdepartmental
- Supports the development of a culture that values and motivates staff and engenders the trust and confidence of the Board of Supervisors, and County leaders
- A proven track record of success in leading and managing teams
- May be required to work after hours and on weekends
Loudoun County Regular Full-time Employees are eligible for full benefits including but not limited to the following as a part of a total rewards package!
- Retirement from the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
- Annual leave (12 days a year to start with five available on day one)
- Longevity Leave
- Sick leave (12 days per year)
- Annual Paid Holidays (15 days) Thanksgiving-Wednesday afternoon through Friday
- Group Health Plan-Option to choose a plan with a zero deductible
- Group Life Insurance
- Exceptional Performance Recognition
- Up to six weeks of Paid Family Medical Leave at the end of the probationary period)
- Credit Union Membership
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Motivate Me Wellness Rewards Program
Hiring salary commensurate with experience.
For more information visit: Employee Benefits | Loudoun County, VA - Official Website
Master's degree in Business, Public Administration, or department-related area; five (5) years of directly related, progressively responsible work experience including three (3) years in a supervisory or management role preferably in a government setting; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
We are seeking individuals with:
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local laws, regulations, codes, and ordinances applicable to the assigned department Experience leading Cyber Security team
- Knowledge of principles of policy and procedure development
- Skilled in project management, communication, organization and budget: to plan, organize, manage and evaluate staff and communicate group activities and project vision effectively
- Ability to analyze, prioritize and make effective use of technology and methods in support of County efforts to streamline and automate operations and enable public and employee self-service access to information and services
- Ability to analyze standards of operations and develop processes that assure agency compliance and staff competence
- Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships internally, as well as with fellow employees, County officials, private and public providers, funding bodies, clients and stakeholders, the Board of Supervisors, and the public
- Ability to make independent and strategic decisions for the Department based on the mission and goals
- Ability to negotiate sensitive issues and analyze conflicts and facilitate resolutions
- Preferred certifications in Information Technology Infrastructure Library Foundation certification (ITIL), Project Management Professional certification (PMP), or Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM), and Certified Government Chief Information Officer (CGCIO).
- Local government experience preferred
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
The successful candidate will undergo an extensive background/credit check, fingerprinting and DMV check.