As a Senior Engineer you will be working as part of a team carrying out structural design and analysis of building structures.
You will have the opportunity to develop your skills and experience through mentoring and development.
Sustainability and Net Zero Carbon is at the forefront of our designs and you will gain the opportunity of developing your skills and knowledge of sustainable designs to practical solutions.Key responsibilities:
Ideal qualifications & experience:
- Contribute significantly and meaningfully to the successful delivery of UK projects across their lifecycles: from feasibility/options assessments to detailed design, construction, commissioning, and handover support.
- To work as part of a team delivering high quality, detailed Innovative and creative designs, drawings and specifications and design guidance notes using relevant 3D software packages
- Deliver high quality written reports for internal and external audiences to rigorous deadlines
- Supervision (if required) of design staff, checking of design calculations, drawings and specifications prepared by others
- To liaise with Architects, clients, and the rest of the design team, to ensure that efficient and integrated structural solutions are produced on all projects.
- Work across boundaries, as part of a fully integrated multidisciplinary team.
- Able to present ideas and designs confidently and fluently, internally and externally as required
- Ensure Health and Safety is considered at all stages of the design process such that the designs produced minimise risk during construction while exceeding the project expectations.
- Relevant Civil or Structural Engineering degree
- Achieved or working towards Chartership, or Chartered (ICE or IStructE)
- Able to show experience of working with British Standards
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to deliver complex and technical information to engineers and non-engineers alike.
- Have planning, organisational and time management skills, with the capability to balance tasks and prioritise to meet tight deadlines
- Have an understanding of the CDM Regulations and designer's responsibilities.
We are looking for people who are excellent team players and have a proactive and positive attitude towards working on, and delivering, projects on time and to budget. The role offers excellent career progression opportunities to strong performing candidates, within a friendly and professional team that is proud of the quality of the service it delivers to its clients.What's on offer to you:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Hybrid/Flexible working
- Annual salary reviews
- Generous basic holiday allowance of 26 days (rising to 31 days with the accrual of loyalty days) in addition to bank holidays
- Fantastic training and development culture
- ICE Training Agreement
- Opportunity to be client facing and to run exciting and varied projects
- Opportunity to undertake business development and marketing activities
- Fast tracked career progression for the right dynamic candidates