Are you an experienced Geo-environmental Engineer? Do you have excellent project management skills? If yes, then this could be the right opportunity for you! In return, the company will empower you to grow, as the company grows, with routes to promotion being open to all from day one.Key Benefits:
About the Role
- Competitive salary
- Holiday increases with length of service
- Great working environment
- Great opportunity to further your career as the company grows
Our client is looking for a senior geo-environmental engineer, holding a degree or higher in Geology, Geotechnics, Environmental Science (or a similar subject), to manage accurate, thorough and cost-effective site investigations and preparation of interpretive reports.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work at every stage of site investigation, from quotation, desk top study, on-site investigation and interpretive report writing.
The role will involve working under the direct supervision of the principal geo-environmental engineers, and will involve the supervision of graduate engineers, drillers and external contractors, whilst also managing client accounts.
Work will typically involve one of three areas of expertise: ground stability, ground contamination or geotechnics. Knowledge of a second area would be a distinct advantage.
The successful candidate will be somebody who is a good team player, and is willing to share their knowledge with their younger engineers, to help them to grow through their career. In return, the company will empower you to grow, as the company grows, with routes to promotion being available to all.
Project management skills and a history of delivering projects on time and on budget would be a distinct advantage.Essential Qualifications / Experience/ Skills:
Desirable Qualifications / Experience/ Skills:
- Degree or higher in ground engineering, ground contamination or similar relevant subject
- Experience of site investigation
- Experience of geotechnical engineering; ground stability OR environmental risk assessments
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Holder of a SMSTS, PTS, EURSA Cards or similar qualifications.
- First Aid at Work, Level 3.
- Confidence in liaising with colleagues and subcontractors
- Experience in winning new work and managing client accounts
- Excellent arithmetic and communication skills
- Experience of checking others' reports
- Working towards chartered status
To whom is the Role Suitable For:
- You must hold a full UK Driving license with no more than 3 penalty points as there will be significant independent travel involved in the post between sites.
About the Company
- This role is suitable for somebody who lives in or is looking to relocate to Cornwall, one of the most beautiful places to live and work
- The successful candidate will either be a senior geo-environmental Engineer, or a geo-environmental engineer, looking for a promotion to senior level
- The role is best suited to somebody who wants to make a difference, and who enjoys a diverse and rewarding career
Our client works with structural engineers, architects and developers in both the private and public sectors, to understand the ground beneath their site. They identify the hazards and risks posed by that ground, and the steps required to remediate that ground, with a specific view to adding value and mitigating risk.
From a ground contamination study to allow the re-development of a former industrial site to a geotechnical investigation on a steep slope, allowing construction on challenging ground, the company empower their clients with a tailored, cost-effective solution for their sites.
They are a rapidly expanding organisation, and you will be given the opportunity to develop new skills as the company grows. They offer excellent opportunities for professional development through a rewarding working environment.How to Apply
Please attach a copy of your CV and a cover letter outlining why you are suitable for the post.Deadline for applications:
7th February 2023