Civil Engineer (Infrastructure)Job Description
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for its employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
We are looking to recruit a talented Civil Engineer to join our growing Infrastructure team in the south-east of England working on a range of exciting projects.
The infrastructure team works to deliver highways and infrastructure projects for a diverse range of clients and sectors, both in the UK & overseas.
As part of the Infrastructure team, you will be involved from initial scheme concept through to detailed design and construction stages, often working as part of multi-disciplinary teams.
The role offers the opportunity for the right candidate to develop their skills and progress their career working as a part of a team of innovative engineers and specialists. #LI-AA1Candidate Specification
We are looking for an ambitious, self-motivated and driven experienced graduate Civil Engineer able to meet the following criteria:
- Degree qualified in Civil Engineering or related discipline
- Working towards professional qualifications (eg. CEng or IEng)
- Demonstrable record of involvement in the design of highways and infrastructure projects
- Preferably experienced in use of highway (Civil 3D) or drainage (MicroDrainage) design software. OpenRoads would also be an advantage.
- Understanding of the use of design tools within a BIM environment
- Use of industry design standards, i.e. DMRB; Manual for Streets; NJUG, SfA etc.
- Problem solver, able to offer solutions to challenges
- Able to work and collaborate as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Confident, articulate, collaborative & proactive
- Eagerness to learn and to develop your skills and career with training support
We have opportunities available in our Norwich, Cambridge and Croydon offices, The team operates an agile working policy and we welcome applications from candidates who are looking for a balance of home and office working.
If you meet 80% or more of what were looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didnt know we need.Job ProfileAbout the business unit
The Buildings and Cities Unit (BNC) has a major presence in Mott MacDonald's regional offices throughout the UK and mainland Europe, providing a wide range of diverse and transferable cross-sector skills across five key Sectors; Advisory, Built Environment, Energy, Transportation and Water. We also provide local services to customers and technical leadership to the rest of the Group in these sectors.
Mott MacDonald is one of the largest employee-owned companies in the world. We are a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, were helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace
Our Buildings & Cities Unit are looking for a Civil Engineer to join our growing Infrastructure team in the south-east of England (offices in Croydon, Cambridge, London and Norwich). The Civil Engineer will work as part of a team delivering high quality, cost effective and tailored solutions on a wide range of exciting projects. The role requires a qualified individual in a relevant discipline with demonstrable experience of civils project delivery and with a relevant technical background.How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Mott MacDonald is Work180 accredited which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
Benefits we offer:
Other InformationEquality, diversity and inclusion
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Life insurance
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Continuous development opportunities because we want you to thrive
- Agile/flexible working because life isnt 9-5
- Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies for parents and care givers
- Annual company performance bonus scheme Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits that suit you, including cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans .
- The opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our social outcomes
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at and we will talk to you about how we can assist. Agile working
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust. More about Mott MacDonald
Were a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each persons differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence