Lead Structural Inspection EngineerJob DescriptionAbout the role
Our Power, Process & Nuclear division are recruiting Lead Structural Inspection Engineers to join our fast growing team where youll have the opportunity to work on a diverse portfolio of exciting projects ranging from defence, nuclear, other energy and infrastructure inspection projects.
This role is to support the client locally as well as the larger team based in the UK and Europe where there will be opportunities for advancement within the team.Typically, you will:
Candidate SpecificationAbout you
- Lead civil and structural inspections of energy and defence infrastructure assets across the UK as part of asset maintenance and life extension following client requirements and industry best practice.
- Liaise with the asset owners to organise and coordinate the access, training and programme arrangements required for the inspections.
- Coordinate with resource managers to identify and allocate the necessary resources for the inspections.
- Prepare, in English, and provide to Client detailed inspection reports.
- Develop, maintain and monitor programmes for scheduling and costs and reporting on deliverables across specific inspection programmes.
- Support in the application of risk-based principles and use of new technology in inspections including mobile based inspection applications
- Responsible for the development and mentoring of staff.
- Assist with project management, control and administration as appropriate to the level of experience.
- Although the role will be predominantly focussed on inspection projects we have a larger order book on other design and consultancy based projects. Occasionally you will have the opportunity to work other multi-disciplinary projects within the Energy, Nuclear and Defence sectors and be responsible for all stages of project evolution from feasibility and concept to detailed design work, planning support, through to project construction and commissioning.
- Offer a consultative advisory approach to clients to ensure the best solution is offered to meet their needs.
- Ensure client satisfaction, pursue and promote opportunities with clients.
Ideally you will have proven, relevant inspection experience working within the Nuclear and Energy Sector. Demonstration of transferrable skills from other sectors will be considered.
The role requires you to be a Chartered Engineer through the Institution of Civil Engineers or Institution of Structural Engineers.
Ideally you will have certification for and experience of working in confined spaces, working at height and possess a good knowledge of Health and Safety (training and support will be provided).
Strong communication skills are a must as youll be expected to interact with clients and other team members on a daily basis.
Ultimately, we deliver engineering solutions so were looking for accomplished engineers who are able to deliver technical excellence in keeping with their skills and ability.
If you meet 80% or more of what were looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didnt know we need.Due to the sensitivity of some of our projects, candidates will be required to apply for and obtain UK Security Clearance.Job ProfileAbout the business unit
The Energy unit delivers services to clients globally across a number of sectors including hydropower, nuclear, waste, renewable generation and transmission & distribution networks. Together we provide integrated engineering and project management services across the project lifecycle from concept and design, to construction and operations, to decommissioning or repowering and life extension. Together with our clients, were helping to deliver the energy transition globally.How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Mott MacDonald is Work180 accredited which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
Benefits we offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Life insurance
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Continuous development opportunities because we want you to thrive
- Agile/flexible working because life isnt 9-5
- Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies for parents and care givers
- Annual company performance bonus scheme Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits that suit you, including cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans .
- The opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our social outcomes
#LI-NC1Other InformationEquality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at and we will talk to you about how we can assist. Agile working
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust. More about Mott MacDonald
Were a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each persons differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence