Working onsite 2/3 days a week - May have some flexibility
At least 3 month contract, possibility of going permanent.
• A minimum of 2000 hours experience using CATIA V5/V6 with an advanced knowledge of complex work benches such as Generative Shape Design, Composite design/manufacture, Functional Tolerancing & Annotation
• Able to substantiate your own conceptual design using traditional analysis techniques
• Experience of working with an industry standard PLM system
• Previously held applicable check or approval signatories
• Support the development of new and existing product design concepts from initial risk assessment and feasibility studies through to functional design freeze.
• Work both independently and collaboratively within a high performing team delivering innovative solutions in a dynamic environment with challenging timescales. Including working with other technical disciplines e.g. Avionics, Aerodynamics, Systems
• Apply sound systems engineering thinking to all aspects of work.
• Comfortable working in a Design, Build, Test environment - support the product development team in developing the application of fail fast working practices.
• In depth understanding of industry standard design practices such as tolerance assessment, DFMA and configuration management
• Comfortable with flexible team working - onsite and offsite.
• Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with energy and enthusiasm to all levels within and without the business.
• Sound understanding of product safety and airworthiness environments.
• Able to learn and apply unfamiliar engineering principles and concepts, e.g.
o Structural design and analysis principles
o Zonal integration of mechanical and electrical systems
o Familiarity with rendering and animation software
o Other design software packages
o Familiar with ‘agile' working practices
• Experience with CATIA V5 Electrical Harness Design
• Market aware with a good understanding of the market in which Marshall operates, including competitors, suppliers, customers and regulatory organisations.
• Experienced in planning and delivering complex tasks to schedule and budget demonstrating effective time management across many projects and priorities.
• Ideally qualified to degree level in Engineering, Mathematics or Physics with relevant and sufficient experience in the field