ENGINEERING AIDE I summer internship
- New Hampshire Department of Transportation
- Concord, New Hampshire
- Closing date
- Feb 17, 2023
- Structural Engineering, Surveying & Geomatics, Transportation Engineering
- Position Type
- Internship / Student / Training
- Contract Type
- Organization Type
State of New Hampshire Department of Transportation Engineering Aide 1
Labor Grade 6: $14.34/hr 37-1/2 Hours per week
SUMMARY: To perform routine and non-technical work in the field, office or laboratory in connection with the investigation, location, design, construction, maintenance and operation of engineering projects; does related work as required.
- Performs routine and repetitive work assisting bureau engineers in the accomplishment of various engineering projects.
- Gathers and maintains specific records of engineering and planning data as directed.
- Reviews environmental regulations and prepares associated documentation.
- Updates GIS database information.
* Engineering Aide interns report to a Civil Engineer and work closely with an Engineering Technician. An intern's work is reviewed by the appropriate professional within the chain of command within the bureau in which the Engineering Aide is placed. For additional information, Please contact Krista Robichaud, Training and Recruitment Specialist, at 603-271-8026 or at email@example.com.
Education: High school diploma or high school equivalency credential.
Experience: No experience required.
License/Certification: Applicant must possess a valid driver’s license and access to transportation for use in statewide travel. The applicant’s Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) must meet the minimum standards established by the hiring agency
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: All accountabilities must be performed in accordance with State and Department rules and policies, including risk management, safety and environmental standards, regulations and administrative orders.
DISCLAIMER STATEMENT: The supplemental job description lists typical examples of work and is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to a position. An employee may be required to perform other related duties not listed on the supplemental job description provided that such duties are characteristic of that classification.
TDD Access: Relay NH 1-800-735-2964
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert