Acorn is currently recruiting for a Service Engineer to join our distinguished clients Civil & Structural Department at their Port Talbot site.
You'll facilitate the visual inspections of structural assets, reporting defects on an ageing plant, and supplying corrective action remedies to allow assets to be returned to original design. The Service Engineer will act as a key point of contact for external stakeholders and deputise for the Area Engineering Manager when required.
As a Service Engineer, your responsibilities will also include:
* Planning and scheduling Structural Inspections in conjunction with Plant Managers, Works Engineers / Production Engineers and other business unit / plant requirements
* Deputising for the Area Engineering Manager when required
* Inspect and report on all accidents and dangerous occurrences (RIDDOR)
* Preparing and submitting repair / replacement estimates to works management in order to apply for operating / capital expenditure, SE, l Budgets etc. Attends planning meetings, bi-weekly meetings to advise and agree with management on a planned programme to minimise loss of production
* Maintaining adequate up to date structural Inspections & maintenance records and draws attention to any persistent failures, with the integration of the SAP Management Database
* Qualified to a minimum HNC level in Building/Structural Engineering/Plant Inspector CSWIP levels 1-3 or equivalent experience gained in either discipline
* Ideally, you will have experience in steel manufacturing and an understanding of plant requirements
* A good communicator and will work well within a team environment
Experienced visual inspector of structural assets, with working knowledge of ageing plants
* Able to identify by visual means defects and understand the critical components of the structures
* A NEBOSH Construction Qualification would be advantageous.
* A salary starting of £31790 to £37400
* 35 days holidays per annum
* Annual Pay Review
* Quarterly Bonus Scheme - subject to business performance
* Private Healthcare Scheme (Individual cover)
* One of the UK's leading defined contribution pension schemes (10% employer contribution / 6% employee contribution)
* An extensive list of lifestyle benefits including free onsite parking, an employee assistance programme, as well as Employee discount scheme for car companies and local services
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.