Exciting opportunity available for an ambitious Civil Design Engineer in Birmingham!
As a Civil Engineer working alongside the structural engineering team, you will work on prestigious projects. You will be covering a wide range of disciplines in property and construction, including the opportunity to work on international and major government infrastructure schemes as well as cutting edge projects in the world of Formula 1.
The Civil Engineering team has particular expertise in highways design, pavements, bridges, earthworks engineering, cut and fill assessments, remediation, underground services, flood alleviation, sustainable drainage systems, pumping stations and sewerage systems, external works and highway and drainage section agreements (S278, S38 & S104).
The company is a member of the Institution of Civil Engineers approved training scheme and you will be given the opportunity and support to become a qualified engineer.
This is a varied role which includes providing a wide range of civil engineering services including the following and given the opportunity to develop your commercial and management skills by:
- Producing highways and drainage designs relating to medium to large development infrastructure projects
- Producing flood risk assessments (FRA's) and drainage strategies
- Supervising CAD technicians and engineers
- Representing the company at external meetings with clients and fellow professionals
- Taking responsibility for delivering work to an agreed fee and timescale
- Owning project profitability (monitoring / planning of costs and budgets)
- Preparing client / project proposals
- Assisting in negotiating fee proposals and requesting additional fees
- Constructing project teams from internal and external resources
- Procuring project resources
- Agreeing design philosophy / design fundamentals
The suitable candidate will have:
- Experience in a similar role, ideally within a private practice
- Good understanding of highway and drainage section agreements (38, 278 and 104)
- A competent user of Windes Microdrainage
- Good working knowledge of AutoCAD and in particular Civil 3D
The company has several other offices around the UK and work collaboratively. You will receive a competitive salary in addition to an attractive benefits package, which includes private healthcare and excellent potential for future career development. There are also a number of optional benefits such as a company car scheme.
This is a great opportunity and not one to be missed!
Please apply if interested.