- Tampa Bay Water
- Clearwater, Florida
- $73,400 - $117,000
- Closing date
- Feb 17, 2023
- Utility Engineering, Water Resources Engineering
- Position Type
- Contract Type
- Organization Type
Under direction of the System Decision Support Manager performs functions of the agency involving short- and long-term water demand forecasting and analysis of water use, meteorological, and socio-economic data. The water demand planner/forecaster maintains and updates demand forecast databases, forecasting models, and participates in long-term water supply planning activities. This position also performs water use efficiency studies. Employees in this category have knowledge and understanding in the areas of time series modeling/forecasting, statistical analysis and interpretation, resource management, computer programming, uncertainty and risk analysis, and an advanced knowledge in utilizing relational databases and Geographic Information System for spatial-temporal data analysis and geocoding.
Performance is evaluated through periodic conferences, reports, and administrative review process. Performs related work as directed
- Updates and maintains agency short-term (Optimized Regional Operation Plan Demand models) and long-term (econometric) demand forecast models and provide frequent forecasts and analyses for various agency departments. This includes the annual demand forecast update for budgeting as well as long-range deterministic and probabilistic projections for supply planning and infrastructure resiliency projects.
- Compiles, analyzes, geocodes, and interprets extensive parcel level water use/billing data and land use projections by member government and water demand planning areas to assess regional water use growth trend and identify demand management opportunities.
- Uses and interprets third party socio-economic data, with correlation to Agency water consumption data, to determine water use projections. Gather, analyze, and interpret data and prepare clear and concise written reports.
- Conducts, analyze, and interprets temporal and spatial water use and market penetration data in support of end-use modeling and demand management programs.
- Provides seasonal water delivery projections based on seasonal climate outlook as part of agency’s seasonal source allocation program.
- Performs demand projection uncertainty analysis and provide technical advice and support for other departments throughout the Agency.
- Participates in the Agency’s long-term water supply planning activities to include updating long-term demand forecasts, future need assessments, water supply alternative evaluations, and infrastructure sizing projects.
- Performs water use efficiency studies to support long-term forecasts and water supply planning.
- Report, document, and communicate methods of analysis, results, conclusions, and recommendations.
- Identify research needed to support agency needs and write proposals defining scope, required resources, and benefits.
- Develop and manage project time schedules, project budgets, technical resources, and reports.
- Manage activities of professional consultants regarding assigned functions and projects under charge.
- Respond to concerns/inquiries and provide general assistance to management and other agency staff.
- Perform related work as directed
Disaster Service Worker: Employees of Tampa Bay Water are, by State and Federal law, Disaster Service Workers. In the event of a declaration of emergency, any employee may be assigned activities that promote the protection of public health and safety or the preservation of lives and property, either at the Agency or within the local community or their own community.
**Please see link for full job description and minimum qualifications**
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert