Who are we?
Thames Water is the UK's largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to our 15 million customers by supplying 2.6 billion litres of water through 32,000 km of pipes, keeping taps flowing and toilets flushing.
At Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to life, so our business is always open.
What you'll be doing
This role is in the Water Infrastructure Civil Engineering team. Focusing on the wastewater infrastructure discipline, in this role, you will provide the skills and experience needed to undertake studies, identify engineering solutions, define and brief them to our delivery teams.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
· Undertaking root cause analyses to fully understand causes/sources of the engineering issues affecting performance of existing wastewater network assets.
· Liaison with internal stakeholders such as operations, network modelling and asset management.
· Identification and definition of the correct optimised engineering solutions
· Providing infrastructure civil input into feasibility studies, optioneering, whole life costing and preliminary designs.
· Providing the technical input to Project Definition Briefs
· Supporting the establishment and development of a cohesive, sustainable Engineering structure from Graduate to Industry experts that leads Thames' Engineering requirements into AMP8 and beyond.
What you should bring to the role
· Degree level in civil engineering with professional chartership or equivalent
· Experience in design of new and rehabilitation of wastewater utility civil infrastructure such as sewers, pumping stations, rising mains, CSOs and storage tanks.
· Ability to assess buildability of proposed engineering solutions
· Understanding of the regulatory environment to achieve compliance with our Engineering regulatory requirements
· Good communication skills both internally and externally with ability to collaborate and influence colleagues.
· Experience in producing Design Management plans and delivering to plan
· A passion of continuous professional development and active approach to driving diversity within Engineering in Thames Water.
What's in it for you?
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme including our benefits hub, which is packed full of offers and information to save you money and support your wellbeing.
Thames Water is a dynamic, rewarding and diverse place to work, with opportunities around every corner. If you join our team, you'll enjoy a fulfilling career and flexible working arrangements.
We're also proud to embrace and promote diversity and believe that creating a workforce that reflects the communities we serve will help us to thrive. We encourage applications from everyone and offer extra support for those who need it throughout the recruitment process.
Find out more about working at Thames Water.
We deliver life's essential service so our customers, communities and the environment can thrive. This means, when a crisis happens, we all rally round to support our customers. As part of Team Thames, you'll have the opportunity to sign up to support our customers on the frontline as an Ambassador. Full training will be given for what is undoubtedly an incredibly rewarding experience. It's also a great opportunity to learn more about our business, meet colleagues and a earn bit of extra money along the way.
Disclaimer: due to the high volume of applications we receive, we may close a vacancy earlier than the advertised date. This is so we can manage all the applications properly and give candidates a positive experience. Once closed, we can't consider any further applications, so please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.