Engineering Manager (Structural/Civil)Location:
Reading / Basingstoke AreaPackage:
£42,650 - £65,000 (dependent on experience)
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK)
offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement (270 hours a year, including Bank Holidays, plus every other Friday off)
- Flexible working hours
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Consideration for either full time or part time hours. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
Our Engineering Managers are the focal point within our Engineering organisation supporting our existing and new high hazard facilities and operations. You will be providing management of a professional engineering service in support of the CASD Programme and the company's strategic goals.
We'd love to hear from individuals with the ability to work across functions, providing a supportive interface between the Facility, Safety Case Subject Matter Experts and Technical Authorities.
If you have a structural or civil engineering background, we would especially love to hear from you. We will be looking for you to have some of the following knowledge and experience:
- Building structural assessment, seismic assessment, structural analysis, quantity surveying
- A good awareness of relevant legislation and supporting Approved Code of Practice (ACOP) and common industry standards
- Experience within the higher hazard / regulated industries (e.g. nuclear, petro-chem, pharma etc.) preferred, not essential
- Membership of an engineering institution and/or Incorporated Engineer or equivalent. Preferred, not essential
- Experience of working in a highly regulated environment with responsibility for ensuring the quality and timely delivery of engineering design and outputs which underpins continuous safe operations
- Experience of working in a multi-discipline environment with responsibility for the engineering design and guardianship of high integrity assets through the whole life cycle
- Experience of articulating technical complexities, able to direct work and team to meet the programme
- Knowledge of legislation and standards relating to safety within engineering e.g. HSAWA, CDM and their application if needed
Ideally, candidates will be professionally registered (Incorporated or equivalent with relevant academic qualifications (HNC/HND).
All candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role and be willing and able to work in designated areas.