- John P. Stopen Engineering, LLP
- Syracuse, New York
- Based on qualifications
- Closing date
- Mar 21, 2023
- Architectural Engineering, Structural Engineering
- Position Type
- Engineer, Junior Engineer, Staff Engineer
- Contract Type
- Organization Type
- Firm, Consulting Engineering
Immediate opportunity for Structural Engineer with 0-5 years of engineering experience working as part of a team with direct supervision by a Senior Project Engineer. Candidates are to be self-motivated with knowledge and education in analysis and design of various structure types.
Founded in 1968, John P. Stopen Engineering, LLP provides structural and geotechnical engineering services for building and non-building structures. JPSLLP's work includes building foundation and superstructure design, geotechnical investigations, preparation of construction documents, cost estimating, construction quality control observations, renovations, restorations and forensic analysis of nearly all building types. JPSLLP's clients include architects, developers, contractors, corporations, governmental agencies, and academic institutions. We have received over 30 awards for design excellence. Visit www.jpsllp.com for more information.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Responsibilities and duties of this position include the following:
- Analysis and design of building structural systems including calculations and structural computer modeling.
- Coordination with architectural drawings.
- Assist in preparation of construction documents and structural component detail design.
- Assist in construction administration.
- Perform job site visits and report on project construction activities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Proficiency in analysis and design software
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of Revit and AutoCAD
- Ability to execute and complete numerous projects simultaneously
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil engineering with structural course background.
- Advanced degree preferred, but not necessary.
- Minimum Engineer in Training (EIT) Certification.
- 0-5 years engineering experience
Benefits include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Overtime pay
- Medical insurance
- Available dental insurance (paid by employee)
- Approved tuition reimbursement for graduate level coursework in structural engineering
- 401k/profit sharing
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert