Structural Buildings Engineer/Surveyor - North of England up to £60k per annum plus an excellent bonus structure, car or car allowance, pension, DIS, PMI, 26 holiday per annum.
A Global Loss Adjusting Organisation are now seeking an experienced Structural Buildings/Engineer Surveyor to join their Specialist and vastly experienced field-based team of Chartered Building Surveyors, Structural Engineers and Project Managers who are fully supported by a national team of specialist and fully trained administration staff. Based in the North you will be able to comfortably cover regions in and around the North of England and up to Scotland and surrounding areas. General instructions will be for Domestic/Commercial Properties due to fire damage/vehicular collisions/structural integrity inspection. Key responsibilities:
- Provide Structural reports associated with damage to property as part of a Buildings Insurance claim due to fire damage/vehicular collisions
- Provide structural design associated with building repair and refurbishment projects
- Preparing initial appraisal reports and budget costing with recommendations for repair and reinstatement.
- Preparing specification of works for repairs and reinstatement
- Ensuring all Planning, Building Regulations, Party Wall and CDM issues are addressed.
- Contract Administration - JCT and bespoke contracts.
- Act as a Technical reference point for Loss Adjusters and Insurers.
- Carry out one off expert / technical / defect diagnosis reports
- Ensure compliance with all performance and process requirements.
- Complaint and dispute resolution.
- Maintain awareness of Business Continuity programme and role within it.
- Maintain provision of business related MI.
- Delivery of services within SLA target, company governance and operating framework, and revenue targets.
- Based in the North of England where you are able to comfortably cover the North including Scotland
- Must be a Chartered Engineer and have extensive knowledge of structural elements, design, building construction and contract administration
- Experienced in dealing with Insurance Claims and working closely with all relevant experts within the field
- Exceptional experience with a strong focus on defect diagnosis with some design
- Awareness of Building regulations compliance and requirement in relation to repair and refurbishment
- An awareness of Construction Design and Management regulations 2015, specifically in relation to structural and scheme design and awareness of Planning, Conservation and Listed Building requirements.