Civil Engineer Salary range £45,000 - £55,000 (DOE) + commission + car allowance + pension Manchester
A degree qualified Civil Engineer is required for a busy and successful Forensic Engineering Consultancy. Working for a wide range of clients they are now looking to recruit a practically minded "hands-on" Civil Engineer. Ideally a Chartered Member of the Institute of Civil Engineers or working towards Chartered Engineer status you will have broad civil engineering and construction industry knowledge and experience. This is a rare opportunity to join a business that can offer diverse, technically challenging work, which will provide unrivalled job satisfaction and the potential for career progression. You will be responsible for technical investigations from beginning to end, collecting evidence on site, to preparing and generating technical reports that will substantiate your conclusions. Key Attributes for this Civil Engineer role:
- A degree in Civil Engineering, supported by broad post graduate industrial experience, which could encompass other disciplines, such as construction, building services, mechanical engineering, structural design, materials, loss adjusting, forensic engineering, insurance or health & safety.
- A breadth of practical hands-on civil or construction engineering knowledge & experience covering a wide variety of works including design / assessment, new build and renovations, road works, drainage, tunnelling and bridge work with time spent on site and in the design office. This must be supported by continued professional development and preferably membership of the Institute of Civil Engineers or working towards full membership.
- Excellent problem solving and data analysis ability, able to drill down to unearth the true root cause of an incident or accident.
- Technical report writing skills - able to produce reports that are factually correct, based on reliable evidence, which are clear, concise, unambiguous and easy to understand. Where necessary report writing skills can be improved by the training and mentoring programme.
- An ability to convey complex engineering concepts and theories in plain simple layman's terms that will ensure a high level of understanding.
- A curious enquiring mind interested in how things work and just as important in this role to understand why and how things fail.
- An understanding of safe systems of work and wider Health & Safety legislation would be extremely useful but is not essential.
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to listen and collect evidence. Can present your conclusions to a non-technical audience.
- The flexibility to respond and travel locally at short notice to collect evidence and investigate engineering incidents, accidents and failures.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a successful forensic engineering company as a Civil Engineer that offers a challenging and rewarding career. The role requires a long-term commitment that will include full legal and expert witness training. Based on success you will be eligible to join an attractive commission scheme and longer-term promotion to Partner will provide equity in the business. Starting salary will depend on your broad technical knowledge, practical engineering experience and your ability to become a full fee earning Consultant.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.