Our client is an award-winning Civil and Structural Engineering company. The company has grown considerably over the past few years and they operate from 4 offices across the East Midlands. They offer a complete range of consultancy services to all sectors of construction including Architects, Project Managers to Developers and Estate Agents. My client specialises in the public sector including education, health, retail, commercial and leisure. They are currently recruiting for an experienced Civil Engineer to join their team in their Nottingham branch. As a Civil Engineer, your role will involve the following:
To be considered for the Civil Engineer role you must have the following:
- Design and drafting of SuDS schemes, private externals works, Section 38 and Section 104 works for adoption.
- The design and drafting of civil engineering work for a variety of sectors.
- Designs range from multi-storey structures to small housing schemes and range in construction value from £250,000 to £30M.
- Planning and organisation of tasks, people and resources to deliver projects on time and in accordance with the current design guidelines.
- Subject to experience, the successful candidate will also have the opportunity to undertake river modelling and flood risk assessments.
- BSc/BEng (Hons) qualified civil engineer who has experience within the industry.
- Knowledge of the CDM Regulations and construction industry health and safety is essential.
- Civil 3D would be advantageous.
- A strong background in English, Mathematics and a logical analytical approach to problem-solving should be demonstrated
- Computer literate, being fully competent in the use of Word and Excel.
- BSc/BEng (Hons) qualified Civil Engineer
- An able communicator, both in written English and verbally, in person and on the telephone
- Knowledge of the CDM Regulations and construction industry health and safety
- Computer literate, being fully competent in the use of Word and Excel
- Drawings to be produced in AutoCAD
As a Civil Engineer, you'll be required to work a minimum of 37.5 hours per week, core hours are 9 am until 4 pm, Monday to Friday where staff are required to be at work Our client is offering the successful Civil Engineer:
Due to the high amounts of applications if you have not been contacted within 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
- A competitive salary will be offered and is subject to relevant experience.
- Flexible working hours - via a flexible working hours policy
- Retirement Benefits - Company Pension Scheme for all employees
- Childcare subsidies
- Parental Leave - Maternity/Paternity
- Staff Pay/holidays - Sick Leave
- Training -Leadership training, learning and development
- Engagement - An annual subsidised team building day which includes sporting activities; along with an annual subsidised BBQ Christmas event
- Promotion Prospects - discussed at annual appraisals
- Loyalty to Staff - Length of Service Policy -Years of service Bonuses - 5-10-15 year service.
This job has been posted by GCB Agency Recruitment Ltd, acting as the Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, working on behalf of their client who is confidential at this stage.