Structural Engineer Bristol, Glasgow or Portsmouth - Hybrid Working £43,000 - £48,000 Brief
Structural Engineer needed for a leading defence and engineering organisation with offices in the Portsmouth, Glasgow and Bristol area who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Structural Engineer that takes pride in their work.
The successful candidate will have experience of marine structural design and the sound judgement needed to be able make correct trade-off decisions and also be degree qualified in Naval Architecture or similar engineering related discipline. What the role entails: Some of the main duties of the Structural Engineer will include:
What experience you need to be the successful Structural Engineer:
- Producing structural design solutions, supported by calculations, for global and local ship structures as well as equipment foundations
- Performing linear-elastic FEA of local or global ship structures as assigned, using local sub-modelling techniques to identify local stress issues and provide suitable design solutions
- Liaising with the Detail Design community and equipment owners to unblock issues preventing the conclusion of structural design activities
- Documenting analyses in accordance with my clients' standards with the minimum of intervention
- Preparing Design Sketches of structural solutions as required
- Experience of marine structural design and the sound judgement needed to be able make correct trade-off decisions
- Ability to perform analysis using recognised analytical tools and to make sound judgements based on experience
- Degree qualified in Naval Architecture or similar engineering related discipline
- Proven experience in an engineering, marine or defence or related industry
In order to be eligible for this role you will need to undergo Security Clearance Background Checks that require you to be a UK resident and UK passport holder.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Structural Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!