SENIOR/PRINCIPAL CIVIL ENGINEER
Senior/Principal Civil Engineer
An exciting opportunity for a Senior/Principal Civil Engineer seeking to develop their career and business acumen and take on new engineering challenges - right at the heart of a growing, talented, friendly and collaborative team. This is a permanent position.
The team is highly motivated and committed to the delivery of successful projects for their clients. This ethos has led to an expanding workload and the requirement for an experienced Senior Civil Engineer who will enjoy the challenges provided by their diverse range of clients and projects. This position offers the successful applicant exciting opportunities to advance their career across many facets of the profession, opportunities to learn whilst working alongside senior management in a supporting role whilst assisting Graduate Engineers who are keen to develop their skills and attributes as they work towards a professional qualification. Key skills & experience
The team undertakes the following tasks
- UK post-qualification experience in Civil Engineering design
- BSc or BEng qualified and Chartered (or working towards Chartership)
- Expertise in infrastructure, highways and drainage design to deliver multi-disciplinary projects from concept, feasibility and planning through to detailed design and construction
- Experience dealing with adoption agreements for roads and drainage
- Expert in the use of relevant industry-standard design software packages
- Experience in dealing with clients and other members of the professional team
- An ability to communicate effectively, writing clear and concise emails, letters and reports
- A good commercial awareness and experience of managing day to day project finances and instructions
- An ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
Remuneration and training
- Site appraisals, feasibility studies
- Pre-application planning advice, technical support for outline and detailed planning applications and the approval of reserved matters, discharging planning conditions
- Production of pre-planning reports, including Flood Risk Assessments, Foul Drainage & Utility Assessments
- Preparation of detailed design information for construction
They offer a competitive salary, a contribution towards a personal pension scheme (up to 5% of salary) and professional membership fees. The company contributes to regular social events and encourages involvement with our nominated charities.
They have a friendly and supportive working environment, including flexible working hours and working arrangements. They have a strong commitment to training ranging from 'on the job training' in new software and design techniques to training programs for Chartered status and external short courses. They encourage and are actively involved in the promotion of Engineering as a career of choice through the work that they do with schools.
The Company's breadth of skills and experienced staff and long-standing client relationships creates an excellent environment for new staff to undertake varied and rewarding tasks and to expand their knowledge and skills while working alongside friendly and motivated colleagues. Benefits Package
They offer a market leading re-numeration and benefits package, sample below.
What To Do Next
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Scheme
- Death in Service benefit
- Initial 25 days holiday (3 held for the Christmas period)
- Additional holiday can be accrued in accordance with the number of years services, up to a total of 28 days
- The option to bank, buy or sell holiday each year after one years' service
- Long service awards including additional days off and cash award
- Flexible working
- Paid professional membership
- Study leave
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Interest free loan for annual travel season ticket
- Yearly flu vaccine
- Eye tests paid and contribution towards glasses, if require for solely for VDU work
- Regular CPD seminars held in house (with lunch provided)
- Regular social events organised and funded by the company throughout the year
- Free refreshments, including tea, coffee, juice and fresh fruit
- Free on-site parking
If you are interested in this Senior Civil Engineer role, please click on the link to apply.
If you are interested in hearing about other roles in Civil and Structural Engineering, then please do not hesitate to contact Martin Boland now at or call . We have many more vacancies available on our website. This is a permanent role. Penguin Recruitment is operating as a Recruitment Agency in respect to this position.