We are recruiting experienced engineers at various levels to support our growing workload and team within the nuclear business.
As an SME (Small to medium sized enterprise), we are looking for the right people, for whom we will develop an appropriate role. We offer a working environment where:
- You will work on a varied project portfolio, in size, scope and timescale, with clients from across the nuclear industry, from feasibility through to demolition.
- You will have flexibility within your role, as a technical lead, supporting and leading teams of engineers, also managing projects and client relationships and working on wider business objectives.
- You will work in a dynamic environment, where you will have the opportunity to contribute to business decision making and shaping the company going forward.
- You are treated as an individual, where your skills and experience are recognised, rewarded, and valued as part of a growing and diverse team.
- You have the opportunity to live and work on the edge of the Lake District, with a work life balance and flexible working which allows you to enjoy it!
We are looking for people to support both our Lancashire (Preston) and Cumbria (Whitehaven) offices, leading and supporting technical design teams, however how this support is delivered is flexible, and some remote working could be accommodated.We are looking for the following:
- BEng or MEng in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- CEng or IEng (ICE or IStructE).
- Minimum of 10 years relevant experience, preferably in a nuclear environment.
- Excellent technical skills and experience in engineering solutions, both in design and assessment.
- Good IT skills, including software design packages.
- Experience and enthusiasm in leading, supporting and developing project teams in technical design.
- Experience of project management.
- Experience of taking responsibility for technical and commercial decisions on large scale and complex projects.
- Working as part of a team of engineers on technical design works including checking, approval, providing advice, and assisting technical directors to deliver work packages.
- Acting as technical lead for complex multi-disciplinary engineering projects.
- Developing our junior and graduate engineers by offering support and advice as they progress towards their own professional registration.
- Compliance with WEL's internal policies, procedures, and IMS objectives.
- An excellent career with a competitive salary (subject to qualifications and experience).
- Exciting and varied project experience.
- Support and training to develop your career through professional accreditation and beyond.
- Employer pension contributions.
- 24 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays.
- Life Assurance.
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP).
- Flexible work schedules and opportunities to work remotely.
- Parental Leave and Childcare Vouchers.
- Other benefits include Cycle to Work schemes and Railcard schemes.