Senior Structural Engineer - New Forest, Hampshire Job Description
Strata Consulting are pleased to be working with an established structural engineering consultancy based in Hampshire. They work on a range of exciting projects including, airports, new homes, educational buildings, historical buildings and more. Other responsibilities include:
- You will be liaising with and lead other members of the design team to achieve a coordinated design solution that meets the Clients objectives.
- Technical lead on projects large and small.
- Structural engineering assessment and inspection of new and existing properties in steel, concrete, masonry and timber.
- Ensure that quality and consistency of technical output (drawings, reports etc.) is maintained.
- Prepare high quality technical reports including structural surveys.
- Carry out site inspections and site supervision.
- Reliability - We can be relied upon to produce the optimum value engineering solution for our clients, meeting agreed deadlines within a budget that has been established by all parties.
- Experience - As a diverse design team, we will draw from varying skillsets and experience to ensure that schemes are delivered using all levels of resource.
- Flexible - We understand and will look to accommodate as much flexibility as possible.
- Knowledge - Our knowledge and ever evolving expertise guarantees that our designs. incorporate the upmost level of sustainability whilst delivering value to all stakeholders.
- Thoroughness - We strongly advocate the importance of a design team, both internally and externally to ensure that the highest standards of design, accuracy and presentation are met.
Benefits & Bonus
- A degree in Civil/Structural engineering or equivalent
- A minimum of 5 years' experience as a Structural Engineer in a design consultancy
- Chartered or near Chartered status (MICE or MIStructE).
- Varied experience in all the common forms of construction and building types.
- Experience in the use of Eurocodes.
- Experience of structural analysis design and software essential.
- Knowledge of British Standards / Euro Codes
- Excellent communication skills (both written & verbal)
- Experience using 2 of the following; TEDDs, TEKLA, Tekla Structural Designer, SCIA, ETABS or Revit.
- Flexible working (hybrid working and flexitime)
- 25 days holiday + Birthday OFF + public bank holidays
- Chartership membership fees are paid for by the company - you don't pay a penny!
- Income protection
- You will be enrolled into BUPA Healthcare which covers; mental health, dental treatment, private hospital treatment, plus much more - and the best part… you are covered for yourself AND your family!
- PAID overtime
- Fantastic training and development culture
- Above average employer pension contribution
- Exceptional bonus scheme - not just company related.
If this position sounds like it could be of interest to you, apply now to get the conversation started.