Our client who are based in Prestwich, Manchester require a Principal Civil Engineer to join their growing Leeds office.
As a Principal Engineer, you will report to their Directors on a day to day basis and will assist in the commercial and technical management of projects.
This role will be integral to the growth of project portfolio, initially you will be responsible for the production of drainage strategy reports and the delivery of the Civil Engineering aspects of projects including the design of drainage networks, small road schemes and external works including cut and fill analysis.
The chosen candidate will also be required to establish, develop and mentor the infrastructure team. As the business and Client base grows you can expect the role within the business will also develop. Qualifications, Skills and Experience
Interviews will be held week commencing 23rd January 2023
- A Degree in Structural or Civil Engineering (Ideally 2:1) and eligible for IEng / CEng MIC
- At least five years experience working at a senior level.
- Experience of managing and mentoring a team whilst working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- A strong communicator and presenter, you will be expected to liaise well with Clients, Colleagues and professionals from other disciplines.
- Proficient in the design of below ground foul and surface water drainage and the use of MicroDrainage and Autocad is essential;
- The ability to use Civils 3D is desirable. You will have a deep understanding of Planning Legislation in respect of Drainage Strategies and will be competent in discussions with Lead Local Flood Authorities.
- Be fully conversant with the requirements of Ciria 753 (The SuDS Manual and other relevant British Standards, Eurocode and Building Regulation requirements.
- Confident in undertaking designs and obtaining agreements for S38, S278, S104 & S106 agreements Outstanding problem solving skills and the ability to think laterally.