TRAINEE WATER HYGIENE ENGINEER - CAMBRIDGE £19K - £22K(rising once qualified) + Company Vehicle + Benefits Are you looking for a new role where you can advance and build your career?
We are working in conjunction with a leading environmental consultancy who are actively searching for hard working individuals to kick start their career within Water Hygiene. As the position is a Trainee role, prior experience is not essential!
The individual themselves must be proactive with experience working within a practical environment.
This role will involve an element of plumbing so any experience or knowledge would be desirable! (NOT ESSENTIAL). The trainee will be trained (according to ACOP L8 regulations) on the following:
A large aspect of Water Hygiene is about keeping everything as clean and free from bacteria as possible to prevent disease and illness. You may recognise some of this terminology if you have had a Plumbing qualification or prior experience. The essential qualities of the Trainee Water Hygiene Engineer will be:
- Sampling water - this will give an indication if there are any specific bacteria present to which action can be taken.
- Tank cleans & inspections - Cleanliness in any environment is vital, especially water.
- TMV Servicing - a TMV is a valve used to regulate the water temperature (for example, to prevent scalding/burning) and they must be serviced to ensure they are doing their job.
- Temperature monitoring - Bacteria such as Legionella will grow in certain temperatures, so monitoring the temperature is very important.
- Descaling shower heads/taps - This is to remove limescale and bacteria.
- Dead Leg removals - Essentially these are unused pipes which do not serve a purpose and tend to have a build-up of bacteria.
- A full UK driving licence as the role is mobile.
- A clean record with no prior convictions - you will be subject to a DBS check.
- Have a positive 'can-do' attitude and the desire to progress
- Previous experience in a practical, hands-on role.
In return, the successful Trainee Water Hygiene Engineer will receive a competitive salary rising with experience, progression, and training opportunities (in house and external), a fully serviced Company Vehicle, overtime capacity, a stable permanent career path and much more!
If you're looking to kick start your career within an ever-growing field, apply now! Send in a copy of your CV to Zaria Sheikh @ Penguin Recruitment (zaria.sheikh @penguinrecruitment.co.uk) or on ().
Suitable Job Titles/Sectors: Trainee Water Hygiene Operative, Trainee Water Hygiene Engineer, Trainee Water Hygiene Technician
Cambridge, Newmarket, Petersborough, Braintree, Sawston, Ely, Cambourne, Haverhill, Chelmsford, Colchester, Ipswich, St Neots, Bedford, Stevenage, Luton, St Albans, Thetford, Stanton, Norwich