Principal Geotechnical Engineer (Edinburgh)
A top multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy are looking for a talented and organised Principal Geotechnical Engineer to lead their team of geoenvironmental consultants on a wide range of innovative and exciting projects. You will be joining a huge team of engineers and will lead the Edinburgh office with your geotechnical design skills.
The role will include:
- Writing and checking Ground Investigation Reports (GIR) and Geotechnical Design Reports (GDR).
- Designing traditional shallow foundation solutions to NHBC, BS, Eurocode and other relevant standards
- Recommending ground improvement options to facilitate shallow foundations and a ground bearing floor slabs (i.e. vibro stone columns, controlled modulus columns etc.)
- Designing bored and driven piled foundations to British Standards and Eurocode, prepare piling specifications, specify testing to validate installation and critically review specialist designs and proposals.
- Preparing working platform designs (i.e. for piling rigs, ground improvement rigs and cranes) & complex coal mining risk assessments
- Liaising with the Coal Authority, prepare grouting specifications and supervise works to consolidate mine workings
- Undertaking slope stability analysis and prepare options appraisals and detailed designs for slope remedial schemes and retaining walls.
This opportunity offers:
- Competitive Salary
- Generous pension package
- Innovative projects
- Full support
- Excellent working conditions
- Fantastic location
- Flexible Benefits
If you have the relevant UK Geotechnical experience to be considered for this level and are interested in taking your career to the next step, please get in touch.
Interested in this or other geoenvironmental/geotechnical roles? Please do not hesitate to contact Joel Bullen on or call . We have many more vacancies available on our website. This is a permanent role.Penguin Recruitment is operating as a Recruitment Agency in respect to this position.