An experienced full time Civil Engineer to assist in the delivery of a range of projects (residential, education, community and health, heritage, universities, and colleges) and procurement methods; traditional, design and construct contracts.
Manage complete jobs to agreed deadlines. Main duties and responsibilities for this Civil Engineer role:
- Manage, design, develop, create and maintain small-scale through to large-scale construction projects in a safe, timely and sustainable manner.
- Assess the impact and feasibility of site due diligence, preliminary layout and up to the final engineering design.
- Study and assess drawings, plans, specifications and other documents relating to construction projects.
- Manage deliverables on time and within the budget.
- Direct, lead and support other engineering and skilled personnel in managing and executing multiple tasks and projects.
- Collaborate and interact with construction teams, architects and outside project developers and consultants.
- Adhere to best practices, standards and procedures of the company.
- Designing to all relevant UK standards and guides.
- Obtain approval from approving bodies.
- Duties under H&S/CDM.
Person specification - Knowledge/experience/qualifications:
- At all times work safely, ensuring your own safety and that of others in the Company.
- At all times work within all Company procedures and protocols.
- Undertake other duties as reasonably requested by the Company.
Personal attributes & skills required to perform in the job effectively - Ability to:
- Degree qualified in Civil Engineering or another relevant subject.
- Computer literate with a good understanding of appropriate software packages including CAD, PDS or Civil3D and Microdrainage / FLOW.
- FRA experience.
- Competent with S278/S38 highway design.
- Experience in private and adoptable drainage design.
- Experience of earthworks and external level designs including 3D analysis.
- Knowledge of the planning, specification, design, procurement and commissioning of projects.
- Possess sound knowledge of current legislation and able to work in accordance with QA and H&S procedures.
What To Do Next
- Be commercially aware.
- Run schemes in their entirety.
- Employ effective communication skills, both verbal, written and by email.
- Establish effective relationships with clients and fellow team members.
- Work methodically and accurately.
- Work well on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Multi-task, prioritise and manage time effectively.
- Be flexible to meet deadlines.
- Remain calm when under pressure.
- Have a 'can do' attitude.
If you are interested in this Civil Engineer opportunity, please click on the link to apply.
If you are interested in hearing about other roles in Civil and Structural Engineering, then please do not hesitate to contact Martin Boland now at or call . We have many more vacancies available on our website. This is a permanent role. Penguin Recruitment is operating as a Recruitment Agency in respect to this position.