Due to continued growth, we are delighted to be recruiting a Structural Engineer to head up and manage the Design Team. This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading construction company with an excellent reputation and on offer is a very good starting salary and package, a friendly and supportive working environment and a rewarding career with excellent future potential.
Structural Engineer - office manager duties include:
* Oversee and manage the internal Design Team as well as subcontract design resource.
* Plan and program work for the design team and keep up to date with project progress.
* Provide support to Design team members as required.
* Regular communication with internal Contract Managers, Drawing Office Manager etc to highlight any challenges that may effect the project programme or similar.
* Attend project launch meetings and others as required.
* Some hands-on Design/Design advice may be required.
* Manage all aspects of the department including performance reviews, hiring, etc.
Structural Engineer - office manager requirements:
* Hold a professional Engineering qualification. Being Chartered is advantageous but NOT essential.
* Proven experience working in structural engineering, ideally on building projects incl design and build.
* Experience with steelwork, timber, concrete is highly advantageous.
* Previous experience in a leadership role ie team leader, manager, supervisor, lead engineer or similar would be highly advantageous.
* Good organisational and communication skills.
* A very good starting salary is on offer for the successful applicant and is negotiable dependant on experience.
* Working with a secure, well established and market leading company with an excellent reputation.
* Working on a variety of interesting projects.
* A rewarding career with excellent future prospects.
If this role sounds of interest and you have the required skills and experience, please apply now!
If you require more information, please get in touch with our team at Steel Connexions in the strictest of confidence.
Steel Connexions Ltd. is a specialist recruitment company, dedicated to the structural steelwork industry, and associated trades, owned and managed by industry experts