My client is looking for a Principal or Associate Engineer.
My client is looking to hire a Senior Civil Engineer in their Glasgow office, on a permanent basis.
The role involves leading and managing the Civil Engineering aspects of Appraisal, Planning and Detail Design of projects for housing, commercial and industrial developments.
This is a career position within a dynamic and skilled business, progression is assured for the right candidate.
* Pre-purchase feasibility studies and resolution of planning conditions including drainage feasibility and highways considerations.
* Flood risk assessments (flood modelling undertaken by in-house team).
* Detailed drawings and calculations to technical approval for adoptable highways and drainage to Building Control, NHBC, S278, S38, S104, etc.
* Preparation of 3D ground models for volume calculations, cut and fill exercises, vertical road profiles, etc.
* Liaise with clients and external agencies i.e. Environment Agency, Local Highway Authorities, Water Authorities, etc.
* Represent JNP Group at meetings, public exhibitions, planning committees and public inquiries when required, and undertake site inspections.
* Manage the team and control the programmed performance of projects.
* Support the training and professional development of team members.
* Exercise due care and diligence in all aspects of engineering design and detailing.
Relevant experience and degree in an appropriate "built environment" discipline and working towards membership in the Institution of Civil Engineers or a similar learned society or professional body.
However, applicants with HND/C or significant relevant experience also welcomed.
* Working experience of FRAs, Suds and Pre-Planning Advice.
* Working experience of drainage and highway design and detailing to S38, S278 and S104 agreements.
* Working experience of MicroDrainage, WinDES, Tuflow (optional), and HECRAS (optional).
* Use of AutoCAD/Autodesk Civil 3D preferred but not essential.
* Working appreciation of highway and general structures.
* Use of Microsoft Office software packages i.e. Excel, Word, etc.
* Enthusiastic and personable attitude.
* Strong communication skills with clients and team members.
* Good planning and time management skills.
* Ability to manage own projects and teams within agreed time scales.
Salary: £50k - £65k
Please respond with an up to date CV to be considered.
civil engineer, structural engineer, structural, civil engineering, civil engineers, civil/structural engineer, m&e, mechanical and electrical, m & e, mechanical & electrical, civil, building services manager, building services, mechanical engineer, mep, electrical engineer, mechanical engineer, cad technician, construction, hvac, revit, autodesk revit, autocad, architecture