We are looking to recruit Senior Structural Engineer for one of our clients in South Manchester, our client is an Engineering Design Consultancy whose expertise is in rail and assets & infrastructure.
Our client provides civil and structural design, surveys and maintenance programmes for:
Highways & Car Parks
Buildings & Bridges
Drainage, Sewers & Culverts
Flood Risk Assessments & Alleviation Schemes
Land Reclamation and Site Investigations
The role of a Senior Structural Engineer can be very varied, duties will include but are not limited to:
• Working independently and as part of a team offering creative solutions.
• Produce calculations, models, reports, and presentations to an excellent standard, on time and to budget.
• Share your work for review by senior colleagues and review the work of others for quality assurance.
• Presenting your designs at internal workshops and chairing external meetings with clients and external consultants when required.
• Leading teams by making timely decisions and corrective action whilst creating an atmosphere that delivers excellent work.
• Collaborating with external clients and harnessing opportunities to engage other internal discipline designers.
• Informing colleagues of design decisions to ensure the objectives of the company and the client are achieved.
• Prepare fee proposals or bids and competition designs whilst working alongside senior colleagues.
• Coordinating your work with other members of the project team and contributing to internal technical development following strategy.
• Mentoring and assisting Graduates and less experienced Engineers whilst maintaining your continued professional development, particularly in line management and chartership.
• Actively maintaining an external and internal network.
As an experienced Senior Structural Engineer, we would expect that you will be able to demonstrate:
• Extensive building structures design experience.
• Experience as a lead structural engineer on major projects.
• Experience using common analysis software (including or similar to CSC Fastrak, TEDDS, ROBOT, ETABS and SAFE) and willing to quickly learn to use new analysis packages as required.
• Be a Chartered Member of the ICE or IStructE with the Engineering Council UK or equivalent body.
• A degree BEng / BSc or degree MEng / MSc in a relevant discipline.
What we offer:
• Generous holiday entitlement of 24 days per annum, exclusive of Bank Holidays.
• Hybrid working arrangements.
• Company Pension Scheme.
• Life Assurance.
• Income Protection.
• Flexible Benefits