TEXO Recruitment are recruiting exclusively on behalf of the TEXO Engineering and Fabrication division within TEXO and are looking for an experienced and driven Structural Engineer to join the existing team in Aberdeen.
Purpose of the Role:
* To undertake engineering duties in relation to design, calculations, certification and code compliance on all assigned Texo Engineering & Fabrication projects.
* To carry out all tasks as assigned by the Engineering Team Lead in a proactive and professional manner, mentoring and managing Jnr and graduate engineers where applicable and ensuring adherence to the relevant Texo processes and procedures from an enquiry stage through to project completion.
* To maintain, update and add new codes and standards required within the Engineering team for the work being undertaken. Knowledge of, and compliance with, client, industry and international specifications and standards is essential.
* To utilise existing knowledge of software systems such as Staad Pro, Autodesk Nastran & Mathcad to carry out structural analysis and code compliance checks, liaising directly with customers and certification bodies to ensure project requirements and timescales are met.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* To ensure compliance with applicable Industry Codes, Standards, and regulations as well as Client and Texo specifications & design philosophies
* To produce structural models, FEA analysis, engineering calculations, reports, and recommendations
* To attend client kick off meetings, progress meetings and design reviews
* To communicate with other disciplines on design and engineering issues
* To provide technical support for live bids, live works & input to project plans and schedules
* To regularly communicate with the Engineering Team Lead on project deliverables, changes to original design intent / deliverables required
* To production and check documents and engineering design deliverables
* To review Supplier / Vendor documents & equipment specifications
* To remain up to date with technical developments, client, national and international standards, and legislative requirements related to the position.
* To be responsible for ensuring professional development is maintained and identified competency requirements are undertaken in a timely manner
* To adhere to the company integrated management system
* To assist with training and development of Graduate Engineers and development of Trainee Designers
* To assist with estimates by providing hours, resources and deliverables required for the scope of work
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity within TEXO, please forward your CV to me via e-mail or contact me directly