Senior Structural Engineer - Leeds - (negotiable dependent on experience)
I am working with a well-established multi-disciplinary firm Leeds, and due to their increasing workload and expanding client base they are currently seeking a Senior Structural Engineer
the senior Structural Engineer shall be Chartered or Incorporated with the Institute of Structural Engineers or the Institution of Civil Engineers and looking to bring value to our business in return for further career progression.
The successful candidate will require to be well versed in computer analysis and design in all structural materials, innovative in approach, be able manage projects independently including attending meetings with contractors, architects and clients.
The successful Senior Structural Engineer will be required to and co-ordinate the work of project engineers, graduates and technicians.
* Chartered or Incorporated status.
* Ability to deliver projects through to completion, and work within a multi-disciplinary team.
* Good communication skills.
* Software experience in TEDDS, Tekla Structural Designer, Fastrack Portal Frame, CADS Wall Panel, P Frame and MasterSeries Retaining Wall would be desirable.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
* Responsible for working within a team of engineers and technicians in the delivery of civil and structural engineering projects.
* Responsible for co-ordinating delivery of structures, drainage and highways elements of projects.
* Responsible for the development and ongoing management of design delivery programmes.
* Responsible for the analysis and design of overall building structures using Design/Analysis software.
* Responsible for managing CAD/Revit technicians to ensure that an appropriate level of design information is included on production information.
* Visiting sites and attending site meetings.
* Involvement in internal and project design meetings.
* Attend external design meetings with clients and other design team members.
* Prepare correspondence and reports.
* Must hold a degree in Structural/Civil Engineering.
* Must hold a professional qualification i.e, MIStructE/MICE/AMIStructE/AMICE or equivalent.
* Must be IT literate with experience of structural design software packages.
Skills and Abilities
* Ability to communicate in a clear and concise way with colleagues and clients.
* Ability to develop client relationships.
* Marketing and Networking.
* Must hold a valid driving licence.
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, clients and prospective clients.
To Apply: If you think that this role is of interest and you wish to apply please contact Samantha Hilling at Alcea Consultancy
Alcea Consultancy are acting as an employment business/agency in relation to this vacancy