A new opportunity has arisen in the fast growing UK team . It is however quite a specific role since it is predominantly based on metal structures, i.e. we are looking for a mechanical or structural engineer we are NOT seeking a civil engineer, but this department gets involved in all stages of production, from assisting with the design before sale to supporting the projects team as they prepare the project to be built - so they are looking for someone who is multi talented and looking for a fresh challenge.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide steel weight estimates and concept designs in full accordance with the companies standards and clients' project specifications, to assist the Sales department at the bidding stage.
• Work as a team member dedicated to fulfilling the project design requirements.
• Structural Design
• Preparation of clear design sketches.
• Monitor job progress within specified schedules.
• Assist in the development of STAAD, SAP2000, other 3D CAD systems and in-house standards.
• Check drawings and structural calculations and analyses from colleagues and sub vendors.
• Liaison with sub-contractors regarding contracted-out structural design work.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
• Qualifications to HND/Degree level in a mechanical or structural engineering discipline.
• Previous experience of working in a 3D analysis environment is essential.
• High standard of analytical & technical problem-solving skills with excellent attention to detail.
• Able to work quickly and accurately under pressure.
• Good communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly with foreign clients, colleagues and suppliers
• Able to liaise and co-ordinate with staff of all levels in multiple offices around the world
• Knowledge of STAAD is essential, knowledge of AutoCAD, SolidWorks, Caesar, SAP2000 and Tekla advantageous.
We are seeking an experienced engineer who is predominantly working from the UK but would be required to travel overseas from time to time. The salary quoted is subject to experience and only meant for guideline purposes