J. Murphy & Sons Limited is a leading global, specialist engineering and construction company founded in 1951 that improves lives by delivering world-class infrastructure.
Operating in the United Kingdom, Ireland and Canada, we provide better engineered solutions to infrastructure sectors including Transportation, Water, Power, Natural Resources, and Construction & Property.
Headquartered in London, we also have a number of related businesses - Ground Engineering; Utility Connections; Murphy Plant; Urban Infrastructure; Murphy Process Engineering; Pipeline Testing Services; Specialist Welding Services; and Electrical Services. We are specialists in delivering pipelines; design; marine; structural steel; tunnelling; fabrication; bridges and piling; and invest heavily in our substantial holding of plant; equipment and facilities.
Murphy employs around 3,500 engineers, professional managers and skilled operatives around the world. Together, we work as ‘One Murphy' by directly delivering the people, plant and expertise needed to make projects a success.
There's more to Murphy.
Project Engineer / CRE (Construction) - CP6 (Rail) - North West / West Midlands
Murphy group are interested in hearing from experienced candidates to join our design & build renewals frameworks. The CRE Construction will play a pivotal role in the successful development and implementation of a portfolio of works on our Bridges, Earthworks & Drainage and Stations projects. During the development stages you will work design consultancies to ensure the design can be built efficiently and safely. During the implementation phases you will oversee the engineering, ensuring the works are built right first time. Your time will be split between the office and site.
What you will be doing
* Regular liaison with designer's to ensure designs are efficient and safe to build
* Regular contact with the client to progressively assure designs, including participation in IDC/IDRs
* Review submissions for quality, sufficiency and adherence to relevant standards.
* Approval of detailed construction methodologies produced by the project teams e.g. WPP / TBS / RA's
* Approval of inspection and test plans produced by the project teams
* Assist team members CEM / QS / PM as required with engineering input
* Attend site as required to liaise with Site Managers and Engineers
* Act as the temporary works coordinator
* Excellent interpersonal skills and assertive when required to ensure timeous delivery
* Ensure Quality benchmarks are maintained at a high standard
Who we are looking for
* BEng or MEng
* Civil Engineer with membership of professional institute (ICE/IStructE)
* Strong experience working on rail projects.
* Sound technical knowledge relating to structures, geotechnics and construction
* In depth knowledge of NR/L2/RSE/02009 and NR/L2/CIV/003
* Previous CRE Construction approved or experience at similar level in another sector
* Experience managing design development
* Temporary Works Coordinator qualification & experience, with detailed knowledge of BS5975:2019
* Computer literate with strong skills in Microsoft Excel and other design based software such as AutoCad
About the project
Murphy are well renowned as a leading contractor within rail industry, working on projects throughout the UK. Murphy have a well-established team delivering renewals projects for Network Rail under their CP6 framework. Projects vary in value and complexity and include bridge reconstructions, repairs and refurbishment, earthworks & drainage renewals, station refurbishments and access-for-all schemes. Project offices are in Golborne and Cannock with projects throughout the midlands and north west