Quantity Surveyor - Civil Engineering
Earls Colne, Essex
£50,000 to £60,000 per annum
IFCIVQS(Apply online only)ESSEX
Our client is well established civil engineering contractor with a national presence. They have a well known brand in their chosen sector and an excellent reputation for service delivery of multi sector civil engineering works predominantly within infrastructure and highways.
As a Quantity Surveyor you would be expected to have the ability to work without supervision and have responsibility for the following key items;
* Preparation of Cost/Value Reconciliations along with associated compilation of cost information and updating of commercial reports for review by Senior Management.
* Preparation and submission of interim valuations and final accounts in accordance with the contract terms inclusive of all measurement and substantiation as necessary.
* Working in conjunction with the Site Team to produce, update and monitor cost and value plans.
* Notification, valuation and agreement of Compensation Events / Variations in line with our entitlement under the contract
* Procurement, assignment and management of Specialist Sub-Contractors including issuing of tender enquiries, production of Sub-Contract orders and agreement of interim/final accounts.
* Providing commercial support and advice to the project team ensuring contractual procedures are adhered to.
* Minimum of 5 years' Quantity Surveying experience working for a Civil Engineering Main/Sub Contractor
* Extensive experience of NEC, ICE and JCT forms of contract
* Degree qualified in a Commercial or Civil Engineering related field