FAO Civil Engineers!
Are you experienced in leading Civil engineering and draughting teams to produce designs, drawings and other deliverables?
Are you capable of man-hour control, ensuring quality and administration procedures are followed?
Are you looking to join a world leading EPC business in the Tees Valley?
If so read on.....
Responsibilities of a Principal Civil Engineer:
* Responsible for design, production and checking of all design documentation
* Produce economical design solutions for Projects, Studies and Enquiries
* Ensure that all aspects of the design and engineering works are carried out in a diligent and professional manner, compliant with current legislation and industry best practice
* Contribute to the efficiency of the Project Team ensuring correct communication is maintained between different Project Team members
* Check vendor supplied documentation and monitor schedule progress
* Production and checking of calculations, reports, data sheets and specifications
* Production of material and man hour estimates as required
* Material selection, specification and technical bid evaluation
* Attendance at technical studies
* Coordination of specialist testing and inspection at sub-contractors and vendors
* Provide technical support to ongoing projects and site personnel as required and take responsibility for technical quality of work carried out
* Responsible for performance of personnel within the team
* Responsible for managing design sub-contracts and man-hour and other budgetary control
* Work with Civil Engineering Analytical Team to undertake the design of large reinforced and post tensioned concrete structures and piled foundations
* Function as Lead Engineer on projects as required
* Provide technical input to FEED, feasibility and other studies as required
* Ensure the timely completion of deliverables and man-hour control including reporting of progress
* Continue development activities to ensure that existing skills are built upon, new skills are learnt and advantage is taken of the latest industry practices
* Take reasonable steps to protect the health and safety of yourself and other people, and comply with fire and health and safety policies at all times
Ideal Qualifications of a Principal Engineer:
* BSc or equivalent in Civil/Structural Engineering
Experience of leading civil designers within a multi discipline engineering division
Previous experience and working knowledge of codes, standards and accepted working practices of Civil Engineering in the international Oil Gas and Petrochemical industries
Experience of international design codes and seismic design required
For more information on this vacancy or to discuss your wider job search, please call Scott Webb directly on the below contact details.
This vacancy is being advertised by Teespro Recruitment Ltd, our services are that of an Employment Agency & Business