Are you currently studying Civil Engineering and have a passion for Building Structures?
Would you like the opportunity to help shape the future of the built environment? And get involved with delivering some of the world's most exciting projects from the get-go?
If so, we want you to join our growing and dynamic Structures team in London!
Our office is a stone's throw from Borough Market in the heart of Southwark's thriving Bankside, our welcoming and diverse team are working on some of the most prestigious and innovative projects in the UK and across the world. From sustainability-focused offices and commercial premises to cutting-edge healthcare facilities and from award-winning retail developments to major new residential communities, you'll have the opportunity to contribute to schemes across a huge range of sectors.
You'll become part of our award-winning Graduate and Apprentice programme, where you'll benefit from our busy learning and development calendar which includes social activities, training sessions, guided site visits and industry events. You'll also have the opportunity to further develop your skills and experience by partnering with some of our most experienced engineers through our mentoring programme.
This is an exciting time for Waterman as we continue to support the delivery of a net-zero built environment, whilst our own journey to net zero also gathers pace. Our innovative and collaborative culture means that you'll get to work with experts from across our business as you hone your skills, and you'll have the chance to learn all the latest sustainable design techniques.
We'd love to hear from you if you have a thirst for knowledge, are passionate about structural design and want to help shape the future of both our company and the built environment.
Although we're happy to consider applicants with more or less experience, you'll ideally have qualifications, experience or skills in one or more of the following areas:
* Educated to degree level or equivalent in Civil/Structural Engineering, a master's degree is a bonus!
* Familiar with design to Eurocodes and design and analysis software
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to work independently to tight deadlines
* Great organisational skills and the ability to plan and implement project work independently
* An innovative and creative approach
Joining our team will give you:
* Competitive salary and benefits package with annual salary reviews
* 26 days holiday per year, rising to 31 days with loyalty days, plus bank holidays
* Hybrid working arrangements
* Fantastic training and development culture
* Access to industry-expert mentoring support
* ICE Training Agreement
* Opportunity to play a key role in exciting and varied projects
* Fast-tracked career progression for the right candidates
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you'd be a great fit for our team. Waterman is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity.
Please note - All successful applicants, prior to being interviewed in person will first have a short qualifying call to discuss the candidates' aspirations and goals. We will then move on to a graduate assessment day with a proposed start date of October 2023. Interviews to take place in late Feb/Early March.
About Waterman Group:
Waterman Group is a multidisciplinary consultancy providing private and public sector clients with sustainable solutions to meet the planning, engineering design and project delivery needs of the property, infrastructure, environment and energy markets