J. Murphy & Sons Limited is a leading global, specialist engineering and construction company founded in 1951 that improves lives by delivering world-class infrastructure.
Operating in the United Kingdom, Ireland and Canada, we provide better engineered solutions to infrastructure sectors including Transportation, Water, Power, Natural Resources, and Construction & Property.
Headquartered in London, we also have a number of related businesses - Ground Engineering; Utility Connections; Murphy Plant; Urban Infrastructure; Murphy Process Engineering; Pipeline Testing Services; Specialist Welding Services; and Electrical Services. We are specialists in delivering pipelines; design; marine; structural steel; tunnelling; fabrication; bridges and piling; and invest heavily in our substantial holding of plant; equipment and facilities.
Murphy employs around 3,500 engineers, professional managers and skilled operatives around the world. Together, we work as ‘One Murphy' by directly delivering the people, plant and expertise needed to make projects a success.
There's more to Murphy.
Engineering Manager (CRE Civils) - Stratford - CP6 (Rail)
Due to continued growth & project wins J. Murphy & Sons is recruiting for an experienced CRE to deliver multi-disciplinary station projects, AFA schemes with CSM-RA and interoperability entry into service experience. To be successful in this role you will be confident in managing multiple stakeholders and relish implementing engineering strategies. Currently ranked as one of the 5th best big companies to work for by best companies and Investors In People accredited, there really is no better time to join the family!
Overall responsibility for all engineering activities both on and off site for the business unit, including the day to day management of all engineering activities and the appointment of suitable resource to satisfactorily complete those works.
What you will be doing
* Implement and promote the Better Engineered judicious objective within the business unit,
* Lead and drive engineering initiatives within the business unit,
* Promote and lead engineering innovation and BIM solutions to our clients,
* Manage and actively pursue performance improvement of the engineering capability and function, assisting in establishing and implementing best practice policies and procedures for the function,
* Promote the function internally and externally,
* Take a proactive role in the management of careers and the learning & development of all engineering staff, including carrying out personal development reviews,
* Work closely with Institution of Engineers Ireland and manage the chartership programme in conjunction with the learning & development team,
* Support the business unit in successful work as the technical leader in bids, with the application of engineering and design management,
* Provide guidance and support to projects to contribute a clear view for delivering design management and engineering,
* Manage the consultant supply chain framework and drive the performance and relationship management of the consultant community,
* Keep management informed of business area activity and progress achieved,
* Manage the allocation of engineering resources to support the business,
* Manage the recruitment of engineers and design managers to support the business requirements,
* Engage with universities and support the annual graduate recruitment,
* Ensure Quality benchmarks are maintained at a high standard,
* Establish and promote best practice in health, safety and environmental matters in conjunction with the HSQE department.
What we are looking for
* Relevant management experience in the civil, mechanical, electric and process engineering industry
Heavy Civil Engineering expereince
Relish managing teams and passionate about development * Knowledge of project management process gained through successful experience of contract management
* Leadership with intelligence to continually improve and develop and help others advance