Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
Make your contribution towards the UK achieving our net zero ambitions - Hinkley Point C (HPC) will be supplying 3,200 MWe of carbon free electricity within the next decade.
Assystem are a key multi-framework engineering partner helping to design, construct, and commission the UK's first large-scale nuclear power station in 30 years.
You will be joining our expanding team of over 7000 delivering innovative engineering across a spectrum of digital, energy transition and Nuclear technologies such as fusion and modularisation alongside key global large-scale critical Infrastructure projects.
• Responsible for respect of the civil design sequence, with its associated
dates and milestones, for the assigned buildings
• Collect, analyse and verify the consistency of input data from previous
projects and other disciplines.
• Specifically coordinate equipment load input data, manage any evolution to
the loads and the potential impact on the design, ensuring an appropriate
traceability of the building configuration at all times
• Operational management of a team within this service, monitoring workload
and assigning the appropriate tasks depending on the skills and
competences of each member of the team, with the support of the Civil group
lead when needed.
• Produce deliverables for which they are responsible and ensure they are
raised to the appropriate approval levels and the correct process is followed.
• Perform technical verifications of civil engineering design notes, models and
drawings, when needed.
• Liaise with HPC site based engineering teams
• Liaise with subject matter experts.
• Prepare and chair progress meetings within their scope of activity.
• Prepare and chair or participate in maturity and gate reviews with internal and
• Contribute to CDM reviews, maintain the Design Risk Register.
• Manage the many different stakeholders involved in the engineering design
• Anticipate and raise alerts on technical open points or contractual matters.
• Managing project requirements to cost, quality and time as defined by the
• Microsoft Word/Excel. Knowledge of PDMS (or any 3D design software), Autocad 2D and Tekla and Navisworks software (consultation)
• Substantial Civil Engineering experience
• Substantial Civil engineering design office experience, particularly in the design of industrial reinforced concrete structures
• Experience of the HPC project
• Knowledge of and/or experience of civil engineering design contracts in the nuclear
sector or other heavily regulated industry (such as oil & gas, rail,…)
• Project management qualification and/or experience