My client is looking for a Graduate Civil Engineer
My client is looking for a Graduate Engineer to join them in their Sheffield office, on a permanent basis.
The role involves assisting in the Civil Engineering aspects of Appraisal, Planning and Detail Design of projects for housing, commercial and industrial developments along with GRIP 3 to 8 stages within the Rail environment.
This is a great opportunity in a business which is large enough to have an established structure and support base but small enough for an ambitious individual to make an impact. Progression is assured for the right candidate with a structured career development plan.
Main Duties (support / undertake):
* Pre-purchase feasibility studies and resolution of planning conditions including drainage feasibility and highways considerations.
* Flood risk assessments (flood modelling undertaken by in-house team).
* Detailed drawings and calculations to technical approval for adoptable highways and drainage to Building Control, NHBC, S278, S38, S104, etc.
* Preparation of 3D ground models for volume calculations, cut and fill exercises, vertical road profiles, etc.
* Prepare GRIP3 to 8 Design documents for Rail projects.
* Liaise with clients and external agencies i.e. Environment Agency, Local Highway Authorities, Water Authorities, etc.
* Where appropriate represent JNP Group at meetings, public exhibitions, planning committees and public inquiries when required, and undertake site inspections.
* Exercise due care and diligence in all aspects of engineering design and detailing.
* Preparation of rail submissions in line with Network Rail standards and procedures
Degree in an appropriate ‘built environment' discipline and working towards membership of the Institution of Civil Engineers or similar learned society/professional body.
However, applicants with HND/C or significant relevant experience also welcomed.
* Use of AutoCAD/Autodesk Civil 3D (optional).
* Basic use of Microsoft Office software packages i.e. Excel, Word, etc.
* Fundamentals of civil engineering design to a graduate level.
* Enthusiastic and personable attitude.
* Good written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to manage own workload within agreed time scales.
Salary: £28,000 - £35,000
civil engineer, structural engineer, structural, civil engineering, civil engineers, civil/structural engineer, m&e, mechanical and electrical, m & e, mechanical & electrical, civil, building services manager, building services, mechanical engineer, mep, electrical engineer, mechanical engineer, cad technician, construction, hvac, revit, autodesk revit, autocad, architecture