Carbon Recruitment are working with a world renowned Geotechnical consultancy that are looking for a Senior Geotechnical Engineer to join their Land Site Characterisation team in Wallingford, Oxford.
Here's what a typical day would be like:
* Assisting the Engineering and Reporting Manager and Principal Engineers in the technical direction, resource management, planning, mentoring and training of a team of engineers;
* Communicate directly with Clients and the project management team to ensure requirements are met;
* Technically manage a portfolio of various sized projects within billed allowances, ensuring compliance with the specification and delivery of projects to programme dates;
* Attend site either as a site manager or for the purposes of training and mentoring junior staff.
* Delegate and distribute project responsibilities to junior staff and oversee their work;
* Provide geotechnical consultancy services;
* Review and approval of data provided by laboratory, CPT, geophysics UXO, drilling and specialist testing professionals.
Who we're looking for:
* Demonstrable experience within the Ground Engineering profession, with significant experience of Ground Investigation contracting;
* Achieved or actively pursuing chartership through an appropriate professional institution;
* Actively attending CPD programmes provided by professional institutions and specialist knowledge societies;
* Full UK Driving licence;
* Willingness and ability to travel regularly to Client offices and site locations across the UK;
* Computer literate, capable of using spreadsheets and SharePoint;
* Capable of generating a safe and quality-based culture within the team;
* Strong communication skills, both written and verbal;
* A good team player and able to form working relationships with clients and colleagues at all levels.
A degree in Geology, Civil Engineering, Engineering Geology, Geotechnics Earth Sciences or Environmental Engineering.
What we'll offer you:
Benefits of this role include a competitive salary accompanied by an attractive package including contributory pension scheme, life assurance, 20 days annual leave and private medical insurance