Our client is looking for a Quantity Surveyor To estimate and control costs for large construction projects. Ensuring that structure meet legal and quality standards. To keep a close eye on project finances and contractual relationships. Making sure that the financial position of construction projects is accurately reported and controlled effectively. 5-10 years experience required and construction or Civil engineering experience would be proffered.
Key Roles & Responsibility
* Liaising with clients to identify their needs
* Estimating quantities, costs and time scales for material and labour
* Preparing tender and contract documents
* Identifying and weighing up commercial risks
* Assigning work to subcontractors
* Valuing completed work, managing budgets and overseeing payment
* Ensuring projects meet legal and quality standards
* Ensuring that clients get value for their money
* Advising on the maintenance costs of specific buildings
* Submitting regular budget reports
* Following building regulations and health and safety
* Working at a client's business, in an office or on a construction site.
* Seek opportunities to increase efficiencies through the introduction of new technologies
* To lead and develop a high achieving and effective team
* Maintain high standards of compliance.
The successful candidate will be based to the Riverlinx CJV to design and construct the Silvertown Tunnel. This new tunnel will connect the Greenwich peninsula and the Silvertown district. The design includes a 1.4-kilometre twin-bore road tunnel under the River Thames as well as 0.6-kilometres of access ramps. It will connect south of the River Thames with the access to the existing Blackwall Tunnel and north of the River Thames with the Tidal Basin Roundabout, in Silvertown, easing traffic congestion in this key London location. This is a fixed term contract for 28 months