Tilbury Douglas Construction is a leading UK building, infrastructure, engineering and fit-out company. We deliver vital projects across a range of sectors including health, education, highways, justice, defence, aviation, water and environment. We are headquartered in the UK and have a workforce of circa 1,200 highly experienced colleagues.
It is our people that make Tilbury Douglas Construction a success. We believe that our inclusive culture encourages new ways of thinking, enabling us to innovate whilst maintaining our resilience. We value and celebrate all individual differences and look forward to receiving your application.
We offer a competitive salary attached to this role and a variety of company benefits also. Please see the benefits section below.
Site Engineering Apprenticeship
Be the best and get the best of both worlds by joining Tilbury Douglas Construction as an apprentice where careers are created, and you will receive a mixture of on-the-job training and classroom learning enabling you to earn whilst you learn!
Come join us at Tilbury Douglas Construction, a high performing construction business steeped in history with a bright future where our people make our success enabling us to innovate and remain resilient
In our inclusive culture and forward thinking, we look forward to sharing with you many new and exciting developments, including our journey to Net Zero Carbon, use of Modern Methods of Construction, digital transformation and commitment to long lasting social value.
This is a great opportunity to gain a Level 4 Apprenticeship in Civil Engineering on the start of a qualification pathway right up to degree level including professional associations and work on exciting projects in an environment that excites you with all the support mechanisms in place.
Visit our website Early Careers section for more information to help you decide if this is the career choice for you: Tilbury Douglas Early Careers
Over a 3-year period (this does not include EPA period), we will be providing bespoke training for our Civil Engineers of the future along with on-the-job mentoring and learning. When not being fully supported on a site/office you will attend a local college or apprenticeship provider.
What you'll be studying
You will study towards a Level 4 Civil Engineering Senior Technician apprenticeship with qualification achieved through a combination of college work and gathering work-based experience and evidence.
Level 4: Minimum of 5 GCSE Grades A* - C (4-9) in Maths, English Language & a Science - Essential
What you can bring
* Strong numeracy skills and the ability to learn sophisticated design/construction IT packages
* Ability to read and understand construction drawings (with training)
* Ability to write clear and precise reports and to relate complex information simply to a diverse range of people
* Ability to work in a multi-functional and dynamic team environment assisting with the smooth running of a variety of projects
* Self-motivated with the enthusiasm to learn and develop
* Ability to take responsibility and be accountable
* Attention to detail with the ability to meet deadlines.
* Practical and logical qualities with a methodical way of thinking
* Creative and innovative approach to problem-solving
* Strong communication skills
What we can offer you
* Salary £18,000
* 26 days annual leave (with the opportunity to buy or sell up to 3 days holiday)
* Private medical insurance for yourself (with the option to buy family cover)
* Life Assurance
* Company pension scheme matched up to 8%
* 2 days volunteering opportunities
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Flexible Benefits scheme which includes the opportunity to purchase benefits such as:
* Critical illness insurance (with option to purchase for your partner)
* Dental Insurance
* Travel insurance
* Bike to work scheme
* Retail vouchers/payroll giving/activity pass for top leisure attractions
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
* To move onto a Level 6 Degree level apprenticeship -
* Civil engineer (degree),
* Civil engineering site management (degree),
* Design and construction management (degree)
* To become a fully qualified Site Engineer, Site Manager, Project Manager
* Extend your qualifications by undertaking your professional qualifications and becoming chartered with the Institute of Civil Engineers (ICE) or Chartered Institute of Builders (CIOB)
This role is based on a construction site as part of the site management team, and takes some responsibility for security, health and safety, along with organising and supervising materials and people. Site engineers mark out the site, make sure designs are applied correctly and liaise with customers and smaller companies who are working with us. This may appeal to someone who has an interest in being actively involved in the construction project from a practical point of view.
What you'll be doing:
Supporting the Site Engineers in planning and organising daily work involving:
following administration procedures
monitoring quality of work delivered by sub-contractors
Provide support with the preparation of designs, reports, specifications and other items that must be completed and delivered as required to complete successful Construction projects
You will develop the skills to use levelling equipment and measuring devices enabling use of computer-based systems - e.g. Computer Aided Design tools and Building Information Modelling (BIM)
Support the site team in ensuring exemplary standards of health and safety, along with ensuring the site is compliant with the company's standards for the environment and sustainability
How do I apply?
Click Apply Now to register your details and start your application journey!
Recruitment Process & Timetable
Closing Date - 17th February 2023
If you are successful, you will be invited to complete a series of Assessments comprising of Numerical & Verbal Reasoning & Personality Assessment
If you are successful, you will be invited to take part in a Video Interview
If you are successful, you will be invited to a face-to-face interview with the Hiring Manager
For more information click Apply Now to register your details and start your application journey!
We look forward to receiving your application