Who are we?
Thames Water is the UK's largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to our 15 million customers by supplying 2.6 billion litres of water through 32,000 km of pipes, keeping taps flowing and toilets flushing.
At Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to life, so our business is always open.What you'll be doing
This a challenging and exciting opportunity to join our Capital Delivery Major Projects team and be involved in the delivery of some of the most technically complex, high-profile projects in the UK's biggest potable water and wastewater treatment investment programmes. With project values ranging from £30m to over £120m and covering the full life cycle from feasibility to handover, you'll have an opportunity to make a real difference both to our customers and the environment.
As a Technical Assurance Civil Engineer,
you'll contribute your skills and experience to positively shaping solutions that holistically balance innovation, value for money and resilience. Solutions that range across some of the UK's largest water retaining structures include challenges such as constructing new sewage treatment works on an old landfill site, tunnelling, re-purposing and expanding existing assets, demolition and material reuse, and promoting precast and DfMA solutions. You'll also want to drive down our embedded and operational carbon footprint by maximising energy-efficient solutions and delivery such as the use of low-carbon concrete, all developed within an environment that encourages collaboration across a range of technical and commercial disciplines, internal business functions and with the supply community amongst a diverse range of external stakeholders.
Working closely with contractors and consultants supporting the delivery of capital projects, you'll ensure compliance with our requirements, standards, and expectations so that solutions are delivered safely, meet the technical and environmental requirements of the Project Brief, and end user's expectations. You'll support Thames Water's ‘triple zero' Health, Safety and Well-being vision (zero incidents, zero harm, zero compromises) by carrying out audits and reviewing Risk Assessments, Method Statements and Safe Systems of Work.What you should bring to the role
What's in it for you?
- Be educated to a degree level in civil engineering or with equivalent role-specific experience
- Have significant experience working in a design and construction role
- Be knowledgeable and have previous involvement in delivering major complex projects in the whole project life cycle from inception to handover (up to £120m in value)
- Promote and sustain Thames Water's Health & Safety vision (zero incidents, zero harm, zero compromises) throughout the project lifecycle
- Experience in applying Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 (CDM 2015)
- Have detailed technical knowledge and expertise within your discipline and the ability to work across varying engineering disciplines
- Be commercially aware with a good practical understanding of engineering contracts
- Be a great team player with the ability to lead and work collaboratively with all stakeholders but also capable of working independently
- Have the desire to adopt and demonstrate behaviours aligned with Thames Water's values
- Be resilient, tenacious under pressure and highly motivated to successfully deliver projects safely to time, cost, and quality
- Have a passion for continuous professional development and an active approach to driving diversity within Engineering in Thames Water
An excellent opportunity for an experienced Technical Assurance Civil Engineer to work on some of the most significant and complex wastewater treatment, renewable energy, and potable water treatment projects in the UK water industry. The role also offers opportunities for support for Chartership plus progression within Major Projects, Capital Delivery and more widely across Thames Water.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme including our benefits hub, which is packed full of offers and information to save you money and support your well-being.
Thames Water is a dynamic, rewarding and diverse place to work, with opportunities around every corner. If you join our team, you'll enjoy a fulfilling career and flexible working arrangements.
We're also proud to embrace and promote diversity and believe that creating a workforce that reflects the communities we serve will help us to thrive. We encourage applications from everyone and offer extra support for those who need it throughout the recruitment process.
Find out more about working at Thames Water.
We deliver life's essential service so our customers, communities and the environment can thrive. This means, that when a crisis happens, we all rally around to support our customers. As part of Team Thames, you'll have the opportunity to sign up to support our customers on the frontline as an Ambassador. Full training will be given for what is undoubtedly an incredibly rewarding experience. It's also a great opportunity to learn more about our business, meet colleagues and a earn bit of extra money along the way.Disclaimer: due to the high volume of applications we receive, we may close a vacancy earlier than the advertised date. This is so we can manage all the applications properly and give candidates a positive experience. Once closed, we can't consider any further applications, so please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.