Our prestigious client is looking for new talents to join their team at their office in Bristol. As part of the team, you will have the opportunity to work on exciting and bespoke projects throughout the UK. Projects vary in both the domestic and commercial sectors.
Established ten years ago, the company has grown consistently. The teamwork from a modern and vibrant office in Bristol with a fun yet professional atmosphere. The company is flexible and forward-thinking, offering training and support where needed.
For the structural engineer, position, you will be able to work independently and take ownership of the structural designs from start to finish of the projects to Eurocodes Standards and Building Regs.
While establishing excellent customer relationships, you will manage your time to ensure projects will be delivered efficiently and within budget.
You will also support other engineers to produce technical solutions and review their work (proficiency to use NBS specifications, Oasysm GSA, TEDDS, SCIA, Master Series is critical).
You will produce designs and technical drawings using AutoCAD and analysis software. You'll also prepare scheme layout technical drawings and supporting calculations and analysis in a timely, clear, and concise manner to enable our clients to understand how to erect, and safely use the equipment.
Your responsibilities will include:
* Using analysis software and AutoCAD LT (2D) to verify arrangements and solutions applicable to customer requirements
* Working effectively and independently often on multiple projects for a team
* Being keen and willing to learn new skills, as well as become familiar with industry technical documents
* An engineering degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
* 2D AutoCAD skills
* Excellent maths and general numeracy skills, including trigonometry
* 3D draughting/modelling knowledge is a bonus
* Ability to read and understand engineering plans, section details, and general arrangements
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
* Knowledge of temporary works