Job Title: In Water Engineering Engineer
Location: Faslane, Helensburgh, UK
Compensation: Up to £43,900 + benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: 48906
Build the future
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as an In Water Engineering Engineer at Faslane, Helensburgh.
As an international defence company, we support and enhance our customers' defence and security capabilities and critical assets, meeting their requirements of value for money, increased availability, modernisation and flexibility.
The In Water Engineering Engineer is based within our Clyde business area.
As the Ministry of Defence's commercial partner at HMNB Clyde, Babcock provides specialist engineering support services, including the management of infrastructure and nuclear facilities. We also deliver operational maintenance, upgrades and repairs to support Royal Navy vessels, including the Vanguard and Astute-Class nuclear submarines.
In Water Engineering Engineer
As an In Water Engineering Engineer, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. you will provide guidance and ensure that IWE (In Water Engineering) maintenance opportunities are identified, developed and integrated as the overall package evolves to deliver projects to meet safety, quality, time and cost targets.
This is an exciting opportunity to progress your career and contribute to the improvement of our current capability to allow more complex and intrusive engineering on platforms.
Day to day, you'll identify, develop and integrate IWE work packages into platform base maintenance periods. Act as the technical point of contact for IWE projects, as Fleet Operations underwater compliance authority. Develop Method Statements liaising directly with Fleet Engineering and Compliance departments. Work in collaboration with Babcock SHEQ to ensure risks and hazards have suitable mitigations. Communicate with Fleet Programmes Project Teams to support the planning of IWE projects. Lead innovation capability improvement projects, liaising directly with sub-contractors. Arrange Learning from Experience sessions to ensure continuous improvement is applied to IWE work packages. Ensure IWE work packages are compliant with relevant defence and industry standards.
At Babcock, we have a history of helping talent go far. With our track record of innovation, you'll continually develop your knowledge and expertise.
We offer flexible working to give people more options to better integrate their work and personal life, whilst ensuring that business needs are met.
* Competent and experienced in complex engineering work packages with knowledge of diving procedures and underwater engineering techniques
* A good technical skillset; technical report writing, problem solving, teamwork and communication and an awareness of diving regulations and in water engineering techniques. You should also hold general engineering principles including mechanical and electrical engineering systems and equipment as well as project management and process improvement techniques.
* Hold a Bachelor's degree in an engineering subject, or HNC/HND in Engineering with significant experience as a minimum requirement.
* Working towards or have an aspiration of achieving chartered status with the Engineering Council
* Ideally you will already hold or be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role within a Ministry of Defence facility.
What we offer
Generous benefits including:
* Generous holiday allowance plus bank holidays
* Reservist in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
* Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
* Working from home and flexible work patterns
* Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
* Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts and our Share Ownership Scheme
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to be at your best
For over 130 years, we have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal. Change begins with our people and our shared Principles: be curious; be courageous; own and deliver; think: outcomes; collaborate; and be kind. These values not only guide the way we work, but also our efforts to reach net-zero carbon. Yes, our ambitions are big, but together, we can achieve them.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the If you are a reservist in the armed forces, we provide up to ten days special paid leave in support of your training commitments.
All applications should be made online. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing date: 20th January 2023