We have an opportunity for a Chartered Structural Engineer to join a well-established Civil and Structural Consulting Engineer with several decades of experience. This company offers a diverse range of design and consultancy services with predominately work in the commercial sector but also residential/ schools etc. in the UK and abroad. This range stretches from new builds to the refurbishment of listed and historic buildings but also more traditional extensions and conversions.
As an SME, they have a versatile expertise in Structures that are created by Steel, Concrete, Timber, Masonry as well as the occasional Glass or Aluminium Structure.
There is great career progression available for the successful Chartered Structural Engineer with room available for development up towards Partner which is an amazing opportunity to not only develop yourself but the company too.
The Ideal Chartered Structural Engineer will be an individual that is able to work independently and self-motivate, with the ability to manage a project from proposal phase to construction. Key Responsibilities include:
* Prepare design calculations, drawings, specifications, design analysis and construction cost estimates.
* Perform construction related services including shop drawing reviews, response to requests for information, occasional construction site observation and periodic specialised structural inspections.
* Collaborate and liaise with architects, designers and building contrators on the design and construction of projects.
*Supervise and support Junior engineers
* Bachelors degree or equivalent experience in Civil or Structural Engineering
* Chartered Member of the ICE or the IStructE
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills