FLEXIBLE LOCATION - ACROSS SOUTH**
Source Solutions are proud to be working with a leading organisation and platinum accredited investor in people, within electrical infrastructure, a pioneer within reduced carbon solutions and innovator within net zero strategy on a large scale, to identify an experienced Civils Engineer, to play a part in the design for build of key infrastructure across the South.
The Civils Engineer will be responsible for the production of Civil and Structural Designs that can be constructed in compliance with company & industry standards and CDM requirements, providing effective designs, which conform to all relevant Codes of Practice in conjunction with Electrical engineering works. The Civils Design Engineer will also oversee and contribute to the production of technical, commercial and contractual documents for procurement of engineering products.
This position will see the successful candidate take responsibility for leading the detailed design of the civils and construction design elements of substation design, including but not limited to:
* Reinforced concrete foundations
* Concrete structures / super structures
* Access roads
* Reinforced steel
* Educated to degree level, ideally in Civil or Structural Engineering
* Civil / structural engineering background and relevant experience in civil engineering and building works ideally within Utility sector
* Experience of relevant design works such as roadworks, drainage, reinforced concrete foundations, superstructure including structural steel works, brick block cavity walls, different types of roofing, reinforced concrete structures
* A good safety culture and sound understanding of Construction Design and Management (CDM) Regulations
* Knowledge of planning permissions, site surveying and setting out
* Strong knowledge of AutoCAD (Bentley an advantage)
This is a challenging but very rewarding position with a fantastic employer, offering a competitive salary, excellent benefits and a formal development framework for skills and career, all within a collaborative and grown-up working environment.