Our client is a global leader in the design and manufacture of specialist products used in a range of industry sectors around the world. They are currently recruiting for a Structural Design Engineer to join their Northumberland based site on a permanent basis.
The Structural Design Engineer will provide detailed mechanical and structural design for a range of gas systems, acoustic components and all associated steelwork structures.
Please Note: International / Domestic travel may be a requirement of this role; therefore, a valid passport and the ability to travel is required.
About the Structural Design Engineer Role
The Structural Design Engineer will produce Mechanical and structural design of company products and systems for power generation, oil and gas and similar industrial projects worldwide.
Other requirements will include:
* Producing cost-effective designs in compliance with specified requirements, within budget and to pre-defined deadlines
* Reviewing of client specifications, clearly identifying technical, engineering and commercial requirements and risks.
* Provision of technical support to sales, projects, manufacturing and customer service departments
* Prepares and support Design Reviews as directed by Managers
About the Company
* An opportunity to join an already established and successful international business with a competitive salary and benefits package.
* Flexible working options available.
* The opportunity for international travel
The successful Structural Design Engineer will have experience of producing designs using UK and International structural design, building codes and standards (IBC, ASCE, API, Eurocode, etc). You be comfortable working on multiple tasks/projects simultaneously and have a continuous improvement mentality and be receptive to change.
Other essential requirements include:
* BEng in Mechanical Engineering (or other Engineering discipline)
* Previous experience in wind, seismic, transportation, erection and operational load derivations and design calculations.
* Experience of 3D structural analysis and 2D software packages.
* A strong background of using STAAD software with demonstratable structural design experience would be an advantage but is desirable.
* Autodesk Inventor and AutoCAD certified user or professional (desirable)
* EngTech status or above with IMechE (or equivalent engineering body) (desirable)
Your background will be in Engineering. Your current or Previous jobs may include Structural Design Engineer, Design Engineer, Mechanical Design Engineer, Structural Technician
Thank you for your application!
We are currently recruiting for a wide range of roles within the Engineering & Manufacturing sectors. Check out our website to see our live roles: www.extensionrecruitment
Do you know someone who may be interested in a new role? We are passionate about finding long-term careers based on your values, personality and career goals. If you know someone who may be interested in exploring a new career, we have a referral scheme offering you the chance of a £100 amazon voucher (T&C's apply). Get in touch today to find out more.
Due to the high number of applicants unfortunately we are unable to respond to every candidate. If you have not heard from us within 30 days of your submission, we are sorry to inform you that your application has been unsuccessful