Climate17 are working with a Global renewable energy business who develop, own and operate a portfolio of wind, solar and battery projects.They are actively looking to hire a Technical Solutions Engineer for their new UK Business Unit to oversee the design engineering and optimisation of utility scale energy storage systems (both standalone systems and systems coupled with renewable projects).Responsibilities
- Act as the technical point of contact for the UK arm of the business.
- Sizing the Power Converter System (PCS) & battery system
- Providing technical expertise on battery/ BMS/PCS/EMS/BoS
- Preparing electrical equipment specifications, data sheets, and bid evaluations for storage systems, inverters, switchgears, transformers, and other equipment as required
- Providing guidance on design concepts around short circuit protection, conductor sizing, thermal systems, safety systems etc.
- Participating in site and factory acceptance tests
- Preliminary system design, sizing, arrangement, and electrical modelling
- Projects viability analysis
- Suppliers negotiation
- Hazard mitigation analysis
- Liaise with project stakeholders to ensure designs meet expectations
- Perform various calculations and analysis to ensure project efficiency
- Grid connection analysis and preparation of technical documentation.
- Bachelor's degree Electrical Engineering (essential).
- Master's degree in Renewables (desirable).
- 4 years of experience designing and modelling electric systems (HV & MV).
- Experience within renewables and/or energy efficiency projects.
- Experience in energy storage, microgrid or diesel generators.
- Advance user of: Homer Energy, PVSyst, Helioscope, PSS, DigSilent, Matlab, or similar software.
London + Flexible/Hybrid working About Us
Climate17 is a purpose-led, international Renewable Energy & Sustainability recruitment firm. We provide specialist talent acquisition services to organisations seeking to reduce their environmental footprint, as well as those working towards the decarbonisation of the energy sector.Inclusive Application Process
Climate17 is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace. We believe there is no solution to climate change without people. We aim to increase diversity across all areas and as such, we are committed to partnering with clients and candidates to create an inclusive and sustainable regenerative world. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, or whether or not they have a disability.If you require additional support, equipment or resources in order to participate in the job application or interview process, please let us know.