- MIG, Inc.
- Denver, Colorado
- $29-35/hour depending on experience
- Closing date
- Feb 24, 2023
- Planning & Development, Environmental Engineering, Water, Wastewater & Stormwater Infrastructure
- Position Type
- Engineer, Junior Engineer
- Contract Type
- Organization Type
- Firm, Consulting Engineering
MIG, Inc. is a national firm specializing in planning, design, communications, management, science, and technology. We believe that the environment around us has a profound impact on our lives and our shared vision: is of a world where people, communities, and ecosystems thrive. For 40 years, MIG has engaged the talents and vitality of top professionals who plan, design, and sustain environments that support human development. Our team members are passionate about their work and share a common desire to engage closely with our clients and the communities impacted by our work.
We are seeking a Civil Engineer-in-Training to join our infrastructure and design services team in our Denver office. MIG supports a hybrid work-from-home/remote and in-office schedule, but encourages in-person work for learning and team-building opportunities. Proof of up-to-date COVID-19 vaccination will be required for in-person work.
Responsibilities – What You’ll Accomplish
- Collaborative Teammate: You will be a key member of the infrastructure and design team, working as part of a cross-office, cross-discipline team of designers (landscape architects and civil engineers) and urban planners that provides services and consultation in civil and environmental engineering; utility infrastructure planning and design; site infrastructure planning and design; stormwater and GIS|LID; streets and mobility for public and private clients across the U.S.
- Project Work: You will be working with teams to create impactful civil engineering design solutions; assist with preparation of plans, technical reports and construction specifications documents; prepare calculations, quantity take-offs and construction cost estimates; complete stormwater modeling and design; provide construction administration support; and work closely with project managers.
- Project Types: MIG’s civil engineers specialize in context-sensitive design and innovation. As a result, we working on a wide variety of interesting and uniquely challenging projects. Projects range from bicycle and pedestrian street improvements; sustainable and resilient water management, site development planning and design for public building facilities; walking our state parks to verify and recommend replacement of aging infrastructure; and creating passive and active play area in newly designed parks.
MIG works on projects nationwide; some travel, evening, and weekend work may be required for community engagement, site evaluations, or to meet deadlines. MIG encourages a work-life balance and these hours can be offset during the week when possible.
Experience and Qualifications for Success – What We’d Like to See
To accomplish the responsibilities, you will be able to manage competing priorities, think critically and creatively, work as part of a collaborative team in an open environment, and maintain a sense of humor and camaraderie. In addition, you have some combination of the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering; master’s or progress toward a master’s a plus.
- A NCEES designation of Engineer-in Training (EIT)
- You have strong technical written and verbal communication skills. Experience with preparing plans, specifications, estimate of probable costs and technical information reports a plus.
- Ability to work within a team, as well as self-motivated with a desire to expand your career.
- You are willing and able to travel locally and nationally to project sites (with reimbursement from MIG).
- Software proficiency in AutoCAD/Civil 3D, stormwater modeling (WWHM, MGSFlood, EPA -SWMM etc), Word and Excel is required. Experience using MicroStation/OpenRoads is a plus.
How to Apply
If this position sounds like a fit for your skillsets and you are passionate about improving communities, we would love to hear from you! Please email your resume and a descriptive cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We offer a comprehensive benefits program including Paid Time Off, 9 paid holidays, medical, dental, vision insurance, FSA and HRA with employer contributions and 401K matching. Our teams enjoy a flexible work schedule, a creative atmosphere, and a rewarding work environment that allows for professional development and career advancement. MIG values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer; we encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Existing US work authorization is required. This is a full-time, hourly position with eligibility for overtime pay. The pay range for this position is $29-35/hour, commensurate with skills and experience.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert