Civil Project Manager
- Nobis Group
- Concord, New Hampshire
- Competitive salary + generous benefits
- Closing date
- Feb 25, 2023
- Position Type
- Project Manager
- Contract Type
- Organization Type
- Firm, Consulting Engineering
Nobis is hiring a full time Project Manager to join our Civil Engineering team in Concord, NH to support commercial, institutional, and state/municipal site-civil projects throughout NH, MA, and ME. This position is perfect for a seasoned project engineer looking to launch into project management or a seasoned project manager looking for a change. The successful candidate will demonstrate a desire to achieve company and career advancement through diligent work, technical competence, and client satisfaction. Excellent writing, communication, problem solving, and interpersonal skills are necessary for this exciting opportunity. The Civil Department is a diverse group that collaborates to provide high-end technical solutions for our clients. Nobis’ hybrid work model allows employees to have control over their hours, when and where they work, and where they are the most productive.
If you’re looking for challenging, interesting work typically found at a large business, but the variety and camaraderie found in a smaller company, you’re in the right place. At Nobis Group, you’ll find a flexible, relaxed, and team-oriented workplace culture created by our employee-owners. We take on projects of every size – from a single retail location to large, complex Federal Superfund sites and commercial developments. You’ll have the opportunity to explore and grow your skills with a variety of work. Nobis Group’s formal professional development program will support you as you advance in your career with in-house training, membership to professional associations, participation in our mentoring program, and the opportunity to help prepare technical papers and presentations.
- The ideal candidate will use motivational values and positive energy to effectively lead team members to execute assignments, maintain existing client relationships, and generate new client relationships.
- Managerial assignments include project management, leading and mentoring junior staff, networking, nurturing client relationships and new business development.
- Technical responsibilities will include evaluation and resolution of federal, state, and local regulatory compliance through site design and implementation of innovative BMPs and source control applications, NPDES permit assistance, planning and preparation of SWPPPs.
- This position will provide oversight and training of other technical staff to foster growth and build knowledge in the Civil Department. Expertise would include the development and execution of modeling for the hydrology and hydraulics of stormwater runoff using HydroCAD in support of land development projects, preparation and review of calculations, design plan sets, application packages, and specifications, an understanding of Microsoft Office and computer-aided design and drafting (AutoCAD) are essential to be successful in this position.
- Efficient and effective communication skills and technical writing skills are also required for this position.
- We also encourage our employees to participate in professional organizations and become involved in community outreach.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering required and a PE license strongly preferred;
- A minimum of 10 years of project engineer experience with land development and permitting projects utilizing applicable NH, MA, and/or ME standards;
- The desired candidate has extensive experience in the preparation of full design plan sets and permit application packages for commercial, industrial, and municipal projects in NH, MA, and/or ME;
- Excellent writing, communication, problem solving, and interpersonal skills are necessary; and
- Must have a valid driver's license, own transportation and proof of valid insurance and be able to travel for project sites.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Happy Employees = Happy Clients
At Nobis, we believe in taking good care of our people. It’s good for them and it’s good for business. We provide excellent benefits including:
- Competitive Salary
- Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP)
- 401(k) with employer match
- 401(k) Student Debt Solution program
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Educational Financial Assistance
- Professional Development Program
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Supplemental Accident, Critical Illness, and Hospital Indemnity
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Stipend (eligible for opt-out stipend if other coverage is available/proof of coverage required)
- Comfortable Work/Life Balance
- Hybrid work schedule
As a federal government contractor, Nobis is subject to an Executive Order requiring, among other things, that its employees are fully vaccinated, as defined by the US Center for Disease Control ("CDC") with Covid-19 vaccine(s) approved by the CDC, unless Nobis grants the employee a religious or medical accommodation to this requirement.
Nobis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert