- South Platte Renew
- Englewood, Colorado
- $66,700 - $114,998/annually
- Closing date
- Mar 1, 2023
- Construction Engineering
- Position Type
- Engineer, Staff Engineer
- Contract Type
- Organization Type
The Engineering Division of South Platte Renew is recruiting a Field Engineer to help perform a variety of wastewater and construction engineering duties related to operating a WRRF. As SPR renews water for Colorado’s future, the SPR Engineering Division plans, designs, and constructs treatment infrastructure, manages all assets, optimizes processes, and maintains all electrical instrumentation and controls.
SPR is looking for an Field Engineer who is collaborative in attitude, has a proven track record in implementing aspects of wastewater treatment plant operations and construction which includes wastewater treatment and conveyance, as well as biosolids and biogas production.
- Construction inspection, monitoring, and witness testing for capital projects and infrastructure maintenance programs to ensure adherence to specifications and compliance to all applicable codes and regulations and schedules.
- Tracks and evaluates construction progress, documents inspections, and maintains required records and daily logs of construction activities; prepares periodic project status reports.
- Manages the review and maintains logs of all submittals, shop drawings, requests for information and design calculations.
- Reviews all contracts, specifications, and design documents for conformance with standards prior to bid.
- Coordination of outside testing agencies and contractors. Monitors ad hoc requests and facilitates various construction progress meetings.
- Maintains records for all construction procedures. Coordinates startup and commissioning, including the development and implementation of work plans, method of procedures (MOPs) and other work processes to achieve goals.
- Responds to work delays, emergencies and other construction related activities; plans and schedules activities to accommodate emergency or changing situations.
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will be proactive, exhibit high standards, have excellent communication skills, and effectively prioritize tasks to ensure construction remains on schedule and budget. The individual will have experience in implementing construction best practices and promoting a culture of positivity, excellence, and accountability.
You will have the opportunity to work with several contractors and consultants to grow your network, be involved with design and construction of wastewater treatment projects, learn about processes and procedures in the public sector, and have the opportunity to attend professional trainings and conferences.
Why Join Us?
SPR has transformed over the years but what has remained constant is the dedication to our communities, to our employees, and to the values of SPR: safety, passion, leadership, accountability, trust, teamwork, and excellence. SPR is recognized as a “Utility of the Future Today” and has won awards for providing high-quality treatment for high-quality water, rethinking wastewater through innovative solutions, and engaging our community to build stronger partnerships; particularly, in community education, watershed stewardship, and recovery of resources such as water, energy, and nutrients.
We provide our engineers with a variety of projects, tasks, and hands-on experience including the management of design/construction for capital and process-based projects, pilots and research, laboratory and field work, and technical communications (verbal and written) to experience all facets of the diverse engineering industry of wastewater, environmental sustainability, and resource recovery. We invest in training and development, so you can build your future along with ours, creating an impactful career unique to you.
If you are eager to learn and are motivated by dynamic and challenging work, we’d love for you to join us.
Education: An Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in engineering, water quality management, biological sciences, construction management, or closely related field preferred.
Work Experience: Minimum of 3 years of increasingly responsible project related experience in commercial/industrial construction, construction inspection, engineering field work.
Other Knowledge Areas: Basic understanding of construction specifications, methods and procedures, design drawing. Application of construction principles to problem solve. Effective verbal and written communication of technical topics. Develops and maintains effective partner relationships
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert